Chapter 12- ♡You're not okay♡

(Jace's p.o.v)

I was standing at ella's porch at the moment, ready to suprise her with a bunch of flowers and a teddy bear for chase.

It was my compensation for not seeing her for so long. I just hoped she wasn't upset though.

Ding Dong!! Echoed through the house as i pushed the button.

After a few seconds i heard the pitter patter of little feets and then Chase's voice" my momma is not home right now and she told me not to open the door...so go away. He sang through the door and i frowned.

Something felt wrong... I doubt that Ella would leave Chase alone in such a big house.

Chasey, it's me jace...can you let me in please? I said going closer to the door.

Jace? Is that really you?? He asked, yes Teddy bear it's me... could you tell me where momma is baby?? I asked and he opened the door a little.

She said not to tell, he whispered and i knelt down... Ohh okay but is she okay?? I asked and he looked sad and shook his head..No..
But she says she's fine even though she's not. He said.

Oh my God, really?! Where is she, you know i can help her....She's upstairs, he replied and gasped covering his mouth. I promised not to tell. He whispered. Hey hey it's okay, she won't mind now can i come in please?? I asked and he nodded before slowly opening the door.

Wow a teddy bear!!! Is that for me?! He asked jumping in excitement making me smile, what no, i said and he froze. Awwnn okay... He said sadly. I'm just kidding!! It's yours, i said and he squealed and hugged my legs tight before pulling the teddy bear from me and excitedly running up the stairs. I followed him, unable to stop smiling because of his contagious joy.

Mommy look what uncle jace bought me, he screamed running into a room I followed him into,but froze in shock at what i saw, Ella? I called and she gasped... Jace?! She whipered as she held an ice bag to her to her head,her left eye was purple, swollen and barely opened. Her lips bleeding and chapped, her nose had blood running put of it, though it was now dried.

Ella? I called again in disbelief and she immediately stood up, wincing in the process, You shouldn't be here jace!! Why are you here?!! Go right now!! I don't want you here. She screamed and I shook my head.

No...but you need me here Ella..I said and she limped to where i was i tried pushing me out.

Why aren't you leaving jace...you shouldn't be here, you're not supposed to see me like this, she cried hitting my chest continuously but i grabbed her waist and pulled her closer. She struggled a little before finally giving in.

I'm sorry... jace, she cried, her fragile body felt like an egg that could break if i held it any tighter.

W...why are you here jace?? She whispered, her face buried in my chest.

I came to see you Ella..what is going on?? I asked and she pulled away from me. Nothing jace, there's nothing going on. I'm just hurt, she said and sat down at the edge of the bed and ruffled Chase's hair as he mindlessly played with his new teddy bear.

I slowly approached her and knelt down,pulling the first aid box closer to myself, I took the spirit and poured little over a cotton before dabbing it over her wound.

At first, she tried to pull her hand away but with the way I looked at her she probably decided it would be best not to.

After wrapping most of her wounds in bandages, I just couldn't take it anymore. I've been trying so hard to control my anger but I can't. This is too much, i can't just pretend like i don't care about who did this to her, when i know damn well i do.