Chapter 16- ♡I'll protect you♡

(No one's p.o.v)

Dinner was finally prepared after some fun minutes of waiting.

They had gotten to know each other to the point where jace thought of her as a long lost friend not just his boss.

While she found everything he did as cute, he was kinda naive in a way, she thought, he got nervous easily and blushed at every little compliment. He had accidentally blurted out how he had never had a girlfriend before.

And how he had shared his first kiss with his crush when he was a kid...

she was the one who kissed me though i just stood there frozen in place and ran off after she pulled away, he had stated making her laugh at his naiveness.

They served dinner and sat down to eat,

Being as hungry as a bear recently awakened from hibernation, he picked the fork ready to it.

Bam!!

she slapped his hand away and glared at him.

Ouch! What was that for?? He said rubbing his poor hand and pouting.

Did you pray?! She asked and he tilted his head,

Huh???

I said did you pray?? She said repeating her question.

No... why??

He asked refusing to believe she was actually bothered about him not praying before eating.

Why?! Why?! Are you kidding me!?

Oh God, Dear God, please forgive his poor soul for not being grateful that you have provided!!! He is an ignorant butt head and i hope you forgive him!!! She said staring at the ceiling and waving her arms around in wild gestures.

She looked back at him and he bit his lip, I'm sorry, he muttered. He didn't know it was so important to her.

In fact he thought she was like every other business men and women that believed only in money.

To me?? She asked and i sighed, Dear lord i am sorry please do forgive me, he pleaded sincerely and she smiled in victory and ruffled his hair.

Can I eat now, he said with pleading eyes and she nodded.

They talked about random things as they ate and she confessed to how bad she felt for not calling Ella for so long, even after she heard she was almost raped she still never once sacrificed a little of her time just to see how her best friend was doing.

What a horrible person I am, she thought out loud and jace assured her that there was alway a way to make amends.

Riele!

Hmmm?

Riele!

What jace??

No reply

Riele!

Goddamn it jace if you don't say what you want right now i am going to to throw the whole freaking dinning table at you!! She snapped and he chuckled.

I.. I just wanted to say thank you... for dinner and for letting me stay here. He spoke sincerity feeling his Hazel orbs and she found herself beginning to drown in them.

(A/N; I'm sorry guys i know Hazel is not jace's eye colour but since Hazel is my favourite eye colour I'm making jace's eye Hazel: like it or not... I'm the Author😛)

Uhh.. It..it's no problem, she said avoiding his eyes.

Riele! He called and her eyes landed on him. Wh- her look suddenly changed to a horrified one cutting him off.