Chapter 25- ♡You're Royalty♡

( Jace's p.o.v )

Riele... your mother is coming. Roxy muttered lowly probably wishing riele didn't hear her.

We were currently at the dinning area,we had both taken our baths and now we're ready to eat but roxy seemed a little bit nervous especially after she had that phone call.

With what she just said i now know the reason for her nervousness.. Riele's mother called.

What?!!! Riele shouted getting on her feet and slamming her hands into the table.

Why?!! Did you call her?!!! Abuela you know how much i hate that bitch!!! She shouted.

Riele watch your words it's my daughter you're talking about... Roxy spoke sternly making riele scoff.

Your daughter??! Ohh so you're taking sides now huh??

Roxy was silent, her eyes fixed on the door, she knew this would happen.

Why aren't you saying anything?!! So you did call her!! Ohh... Just to spite me huh?? I knew you never really loved me!! She.said pointing an accusing finger at her grandma.

Roxy gaze snapped to her direction, hurt clear in brown eyes.

Riele... i called softly, i didn't want to have to say anything but riele right now is taking it too far.

She ignored me and turned away, her finger tangled in her curly hair.

I got up and went to her, Roxy's eyes watching my every move.

I placed my hands on her waist as i stood beside her. She tensed a little then relax into my touch.

Riele... I called.

And slowly pulled her into a hug, something i knew she needed.

She relaxed in my embrace, I could feel she was trying hard not to cry...

It's Okay... I whispered into her hair, She lifted her gaze to meet mine.

No it's not, you don't know that woman, she's a monster.. a- shhh her mom is here, you can't say such things about a child while her mother is present.

It doesn't matter what the child did, her mother will always love her,defend her,shelter her, no matter what you feel you have to understand that.

A mother knows the pain of bearing a child, that child is her jewel she has to protect...

Please stop hurting your Abuela's feelings with your words, i know she knows how you feel that's why she kept quiet all this while... put your old lady's feelings before yours... her feelings should matter the most. I whispered and she looked away.

But what about my mom... didn't she see me... as a jewel she has to protect, she left so willingly. She muttered bitterly.

Did you ever bother to ask why she left?? I said and she looked at me with wide eyes.

My assumptions were correct, she never asked.

Why?? Why did you never ask?? I asked.

I dunno... I just believed there was no other reason a mother would leave her only child except if she didn't want her. She said and turned to roxy.

Abuela.... she trailed off as roxy stood up and opened her arms.

Riele rushed to her accepting her offer for a warm embrace.

I'm sorry Abuela....

No I'm Riele... I shouldn't have told her you were here, I was just so excited i couldn't hide it... immediately i told her, she said she wanted to see you, I tried to stop her but she wouldn't listen, roxy said.