First Impression

[Edited](M)

A month has passed since Yeonjun joined the family. Things were going great! Well, as great as things could be.

Yeonjun has still not spoken a single word since he arrived. They were concerned but didn't try to push him into talking to them. Whatever he went through in that room must have been traumatizing.

The adults had a discussion one night. They talked about how they could help the child. And were even more motivated to help when the DNA result came back. They were positive.

Yeonjun was Seokjin's child.

The mother? They were still figuring that out. They didn't know if the child's mother was dead or if she was still alive somewhere. But they would figure it out.

Currently, Taehyung and Soobin are sitting quietly. They were waiting for Yeonjun and Namjoon to arrive.

Namjoon had taken the day off and decided to get some scans done on Yeonjun. It was mainly so they could make sure he wasn't abused. Touched in an inappropriate manner that made him scared of people touching him.

Taehyung's foot was bouncing in anxiety. The knot in his stomach tightened with every minute they waited. He was worried. Were they taking long with the scan results? Or was it because the child was being difficult and wouldn't let them touch him? Nevertheless, it made Tae nervous. His palms were clammy and he was restraining himself from picking at his nails.

A doctor arrived in the waiting room. Many of the people waiting there, sprung to their feet once he stepped in. He looked up from his documents, "family of Choi Yeonjun?"

Taehyung took Soobin's hand and stood up. "Yes, I'm one of his guardians."

The doctor smiled, "please follow me, sir." Taehyung nodded and picked up Soobin. He followed the doctor and listened intently to everything he was explaining. "The scans went well. But the boy started crying when we were checking his back. He hasn't calmed down since." They arrived at a door. The doctor opened it and let him step in before him.

The wails from the child were much louder now that he was inside the room.

His heart clenched. The baby was sobbing and Namjoon looked distressed. He would have laughed, but right now wasn't the time. He walked towards the bed and set Soobin down on it before scooping Yeonjun into his arms.

The child didn't flinch as he had gotten close to Taehyung. It was only natural for that to happen. Tae was always at home taking care of the children. Plus, he didn't look even a bit intimidating or threatening compared to the rest of the men.

Yeonjun snuggled into him and cried. He clutched onto his shirt and laid his head on Tae's chest. His eyes were closed as he took deep breaths to try and calm down. Just like how the adult he was hugging, taught him.

"Interesting." The doctor commented.

Taehyung turned to look at him, with a confused look on his face. "What's interesting?" He glared.

The doctor chuckled nervously once he noticed that Namjoon was also glaring at him. "Um. W-well, the child seems to only let you touch him." The doctor cleared his throat, "I recommend that you take him to a therapist and/or psychiatrist."

Taehyung looked over his shoulder at Namjoon. The man looked at him before turning to the doctor. "Hm. I will consider it. Do you suggest any good therapists or psychiatrists?"

The doctor nodded. "There are two great ones that are located in this hospital. But if you'd like I can also recommend some mental health clinics, for more options." He took out a paper and wrote down the names of the therapist and psychiatrist, along with the name and phone numbers of the mental health clinics.