CH I

2020

I think it has been over 2 or 3 years now since Scar had left. I've been good, keeping myself busy. Currently I was in Ireland handling some business when my phone rang. I always forget to mute it when I'm in a meeting, but I still answer it.

"I'll be back." I say to my men.

I walk all the way down the corridor and make a turn to the left, and finally talk into the phone. "Hello?" Yet I didn't receive any kind of answer. I took the phone off my ear to see the caller id, but I didn't recognize it. "Hello? Listen I'm tired and I'm pretty sure you don't want to see me, so are you going to answer my question or keep playing the guy from the movie scream?" And still I received no answer so I hung up the phone and proceeded to go back to the conference room, only to see that no one was in the room. I stepped back and looked side to side to see any trace of my business partner or men, but I found none.

I took out my phone to call Ricky, but as soon as I tried to call him the phone went straight to voicemail. I'm not liking this one bit. I take my gun out from my back and make sure the safety is off, I'm in new territory I need to be prepared. I continue to walk straight until I see a bright light, so I continue my path until I see that it's outside and that the doors were open.

I slowly walked outside and by a mere inch I would have been dead if I didn't move. There were snipers out here trying to kill me. I thought the Irish needed my help, not try to kill me. This is the main reason why Ry is always a speed dial away for these kinds of meetings. Once I hit 7 for "R" the next response is "I'm already here, give me a second", and that's what I did, after about 2 minutes of silence I hear our code word, and come out. I look around me and see many dead bodies, now knowing that Ry had used a silencer.

"You know what Ry? I can always count on you!" I screamed at him since he was still in the high building. "Yeah I know!" He too screamed and left. Since the time when Scar left, Ry took it himself to keep a distance from me, and make sure that Fred is always safe.

I understand he wants to keep Fred safe, but I sometimes miss the old jokes he would make out of nowhere. And the abuse we would inflict to each other. So after I saw him leave I walked around the building I was located at, and called Ricky again to then hear him pick up the phone, wondering where the hell I'm at. "I think I should be asking that question since I came back and you were not there?" I said with a grin waiting for his answer. "Ma'am we did wait, did you get lost and go to the wrong room?" Now he sounded confused, and I know all I did was walk straight then left..."Come to the entrance now, the meeting is over." I ended the call and walked around the building, now wondering what the hell happened then, and seeing the dead bodies, and realizing that it wasn't Irish instead was a descendant of some kind of Asian.

Once I came to the entrance my men along with the Irish were in the front waiting for me. "Why is the meeting over Tash? I thought you said you would help us over here?" Phelim said, the leader of Uprooted Clover. "I did, but when I went to make a call and came back no one was in the conference room, and not only that, but there were snipers shooting at me, luckily I brought a friend who isn't part of my gang. And that's when one of the lads in Uprooted Clover came forward and asked "Were they of asian descent?" I then looked at him and he couldn't be at least older than 20 years old "Yeah they were you got something to say?" Leaning against my car, but when I looked up that's when I noticed that all of them were palely white, almost as if they would piss their pants. "That Nat is the reason why I called you. I don't know who they are, or where they coming from, but they are popping out everywhere trying to kill anyone that doesn't please their standard, or is in their way, we've had about 5 killings, they don't seem big, but for our community that's way too big of a body count. Please I'm begging you Nat help us, you know more than anyone that we're not the big bad mafia, we help our community from the government. Please I'll make it worth your time."

Phelim said about to cry for his people, I mean when he called I was already going to help him, he helped me back when days were rough and draining that's why my gang has a new name we're called the 'Second Chance' I know it sound cringing, but really it was a second chance for us all, so i light my cigarette and looked at him smiling "I was already going to say yes Phelim, and you don't have to give me something in return you did that 2 or 3 years ago remember?" Still smiling.

"Oh you are such a blessing I will make sure that you have everything you need here, and that all the restaurants know who you are so you and your men can eat free. Come, come let's get you settled in." He said with such a big smile.

As I walked with Phelim I kept my eyes and ear out to see if we were being followed, couldn't tell, but still I need to be on perfect focus if I'm going to be protecting these people.