CH XXII

It was dinner time, and me and Scar were in the kitchen cooking. I wanted seafood, while as Scar wanted red meat, so we both were cooking what we wanted for the household. Scar cooked burgers and steaks along with kimbobs with bell peppers and corn, while I cooked tilapia and jumbo sized shrimps along with homemade garlic sauce and alfredo spaghetti.

While I was heating the butter up I heard the front door open and comes in Ry and Fred. They both were holding a container of food and put it on the kitchen counter.

"What's in the container?" I asked.

"Mashed potatoes." Fred said.

"And in this one is Mac and cheese." Ry said happily.

I nodded and turned back to the microwave and took the melted butter out and started making the sauce.

"So you let Scar come back or what?" Fred asked.

"Nope, she came back on her own free will. Why got a problem with it?"

"Just don't act like an asshole to her, knowing her feelings."

"Scar already knows that if she decides to stay then she can't have feelings for me, but other than that this is none of your business. Scar is a grown ass woman and so am I. So if its not to much to fucking ask Fredrick. Back the fuck off my back and leave me alone. Our relationship was never peachy and you know this, and right now I'm about to make Ry single." I said angry, but in a low tone.

Fred didn't say anything but walked past me, and purposely bumped into my shoulder. I scoffed at the action and went back to cooking. I could care less what Fred does to me, but if it involves Scar then leave me alone about it. Like damn she is twenty-seven years old that the age most woman's should of had at least two children and married. And I have one more year to become a thirty year old.

While in my emotions I finally realized that I was mixing the homemade garlic sauce with ingredients that I never would use, but shook my head and continued.

"What the hell did the butter do to you? Damn its red!" Milo came in and saw the butter.

"I thought to make it a little spicy if you don't mind." I said with a smile on my face.

"Oh...okay then."

When I brought the butter out we could all eat. It was a mixture of everything outside but I enjoyed every single bit. It was an hour into all of us eating when my phone got a bing. I looked down and it was a notification that someone was at the front gate.

I looked at the table around me and since no one noticed nor was looking at me I went to the front gate. As I get there, I see a black Jeep sitting outside my gate. I approached with caution and was glad the gate was closed.

"Can I help you?" I said loudly towards the driver, and soon the window rolled down and I stopped my steps.

"Not really, but can we talk? I swear I stay on this side and not come closer." Aoife pleaded

I know the last time we meet with each other I was found in another tundra of a country, so i stayed in my place.

"I wanted to tell you that Phelim and his gang along with people went back home to cork. And that me and my crew are leaving."

"I thought you were already gone?"

"Had to make sure that you moved in safely. I saw that you kept David."

"Who?"

"The prosthetic dude boyfriend." And as soon as she said prosthetic due I knew it had to be Johnny Boy

"Oh I didn't know his name, but yeah."

"Yeah, he was good man, glad he found something out of all of this."

Aoife begins to crank her car engine up, and was about to leave when I stepped forward and reached my hand out to her.

"Give me some time. I may not want to be in a relationship with you, but to maybe, MAYBE be friends I would like it." I said.

"Those two years you were in Vancouver, why didn't you kill me?"

".......Because I loved you....."

With that Aoife drove off and son was out of sight from the estate. I can't believe I finally said it out loud. No matter how I felt for Aoife when we first met, I loved her from first sight. I turned around and soon saw Scar looking at me with her coat hugging her.

"Loved?" She said, and then turned around to head to the house.