- chapter 2 -

"what happened when i was gone? i want to know."

she turned back to him, blurry eyes and red cheeks. "please j-"

"no!" he cut her off, making her jump. "what happened! tell me! i was only gone for two days!"

she stared at him. was he serious? he had left.

"are you kidding me?" the girl scoffed. "you left! without even telling me! and now you're just demanding answers?"

"i deserve to know!"

"no, you don't deserve shit! you left!"

the other guy stepped up, grabbing his attention. "look, we didn't do anything bad." he said from behind her. "i promise."

"you—" he huffed an amused laugh, turning away from them while running a hand through his hair. "—you both are unbelievable."

"cut!" the director said.

louis turned back to the crew and his castmates.

"i did it again, didn't i?" he sighed.

"it's 'pathetic', louis. it's just the one word." his girlfriend smiled kindly, "'unbelievable' is when you actually find out what happened between josh and i."

she did really hate having to reshoot the scene over and over, with her best friend playing a role that her role cheated on her actual boyfriends role with... it got complicated and weird really quickly but she just wanted to get the scene over with.

"it's okay guys," max interrupted, "that's a wrap for today." he patted louis on the back.

"can we get lunch before we go?" joshua asked his friends as they walked off the set together.

"who's deciding this time?" y/n snickered.

"it's my turn!" said a voice from behind them.

jenna was running up to them, her hand waving in the air with her phone. "olivia got last time so it's my turn." she finally caught up with them.

"let me guess," marcel said, joining them from out of nowhere.

"chipotle." olivia finished, her too, coming out of nowhere.

"how'd you know?" jenna frowned.

"oh! as if we haven't gotten chipotle every time it's your turn." y/n tilted her head at the girl. jenna hit her shoulder, a growing smile on her face.

"we could always just cook at home..." said marcel, his eyebrows raised as if it wasn't a terrible idea. it was.

"nope." louis said quickly. "it always ends up a mess and then tom yells at us for making his kitchen a mess."

"it would be easier if we all had a kitchen on all the floors. like why is there only one?" joshua sighed.

"because it's the middle floor, it's easier."

"yeah and back to the cooking in the kitchen thing," y/n pitched in, "that's a no. tom complains yet i'm the one who has to clean it all up." she rolled her eyes.

"so... chipotle?"

"someone uber eats, my phone is dead."

"i'm on it!"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"he's still a bit iffy on having you over all the time." y/n sighed. "even though you were always over at my hotel before we got together."

he nodded, understanding what she meant. "i get it... i just don't like how robert doesn't trust me. don't get me wrong i really like him but he doesn't seem to like me even though we've met before."

"he likes you, louis," tom said from the couch. "he just doesn't like his daughter having a boyfriend. it's nothing personal."

"he's right. i promise, next time he comes you guys will have me third wheeling with the two of you."

louis huffed a small laugh. maybe they were right. maybe it wasn't him , maybe it was what he was to his daughter. not that that was any better since it's the same thing... but not at the same time? he didn't know. he needed his girlfriend's dad to like him.

"Y/N!"

the door whipped open and in came olivia coming directly at the girl as she sat next to louis in the kitchen.

"hi?" y/n smiled thinly, head tilted slightly at the shaking olivia.

"we have a problem." she said, then she looked over at louis. "hi louis."

"hey-"

"shh!" she shushed him dramatically, turning back to y/n who was now quietly laughing. "your room. now."

olivia walked away from them and towards the living room where she waved at tom and went into y/n's room.

y/n watched as liv entered her room with no hesitation before turning to her boyfriend. louis was confused. he was suddenly being robbed of his girlfriend.

"i'll be right back, i guess?"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

author speaks

y'all don't even know what i
have planned I CANT WAIT

you guys rn: