- chapter 46 -

y/n's room was cold.

this was the first time louis had ever realized how cold her room was. it was as if even her room knew something was off. and ultimately that didn't calm his nerves.

he didn't sit on her bed this time, no. he sat at her desk chair.

minutes ago olivia informed him that y/n was on her way. he'd been bouncing his knee up and down ever since.

this week was going to be busy for her, with the deja vu music video coming out, her needing to shoot scenes that she missed while she was filming said video and people calling for interviews with both y/n and olivia basically every second.

he hated that he was adding more on her plate.

"he's in there," he heard from outside her room. the door opened seconds after.

he looked at her back through her desk mirror as she shut the door. "how long have you been here?" she asked.

louis gave a shrug, awkwardly turning his body towards her. "not long."

he watched as y/n carelessly threw herself on her bed, staring at him curiously. "why are you over there?"

louis was confused as to how this was gonna go. especially considering their last conversation wasn't exactly the most civilized.

nonetheless louis made his way next to her on the bed.

"i was with will just earlier."

he sat down just to get up again.

why did she have to be so honest?

"mhm. and what'd he say?" louis asked, not seeing y/n roll her eyes as he crossed his arms.

she stood up too, realizing that sitting down was too proper at the moment. "he didn't say much. it was pretty much just me apologizing for your behavior."

"what do you mean by my behavior?" he turned back to her swiftly.

she shrugged at him. "i just think you were being a little unfair to him."

louis blinked, squinting his eyes and titling his head in consideration. "i was being unfair to someone who's supposed to be my best friend because he has feelings for my girlfriend?"

she ignored him.

"he said i should ask you about messages or something?"

louis let out a type of moronic huff of laughter. "of course he did,"

will didn't even give him a chance to break it down to her. he does admit that deleting the messages was not his smartest move and he regretted it the second he did it. but now it was just going to look ten times worse.

he should have told her when he did it. louis knew this was going to blow up in his face. it was inevitable, really.

"he was going to tell me but stopped when he realized i didn't know what he was talking about." she explained, hearing his tone.

louis stayed quiet, rubbing his chin with his hand.

"so what is he talking about, louis?"