- chapter 45 -

it wasn't her best idea. it didn't benefit many. specifically it didn't benefit louis.

but louis telling her to not do something just made her want to do it even more. especially after he explained everything.

before she got back from malibu she thought the worst thing louis had done was call her a liar. turns out the worst thing was him practically gatekeeping her from her friends.

she felt embarrassed almost, embarrassed by louis. he went too far – as if there was no trust between them.

so when she sat down in front of william her first instinct was to apologize.

he tilted his head at her words, confused. blue eyes blinked at her and she realized that he had no clue what she was referring to because he didn't know that she knew.

"right." she rubbed her neck. "last night, louis told me some things. and- well, that was my first instinct – to apologize."

will rose a brow at her, scooting his chair closer to the table they were sitting at inside the very coffee shop where they first met.

"apologize for what?"

"louis." y/n said. "he told me everything that happened,"

she saw something flicker in his eyes as he looked behind her, off in the distance. realization, maybe? it looked like it was taking him a minute to process her words quite honestly and she didn't know if that was a bad thing.

will's eyes flickered back to hers, licking his lips quickly. "exactly what... did he tell you?"

y/n pursed her lips, looking down at her hands. "enough to make me want to strangle him."

"just him?"

she looked back up, giving him a sympathetic look. "he was wrong for telling you to stay away from me like that." y/n said. "and i'm sorry if i put you in a difficult situation where you felt like you couldn't talk to me."

"i don't think he was that wrong." will explained, and y/n tilted her head. "i wanted to talk to you. that... was the difficult situation."

"either way." she rubbed her forehead. "it wasn't just that."

"what do you mean?" he asked, picking up his glass of water, letting it rest in front of his mouth.

and he wondered if louis had explained everything. including the part when he deleted messages off her phone.

"he did multiple things that ticked me off." y/n explained, rolling her eyes. "he called me a liar when i was in malibu with olivia."

will shot his head back with surprise, raising his eyebrows in curiosity. "what for?"

she gave an amused smile, shaking her head. "it's stupid, honestly." she said. "i guess i forgot to tell him that you were the one who came up with deja vu."

"i wasn't the one that came up with it." will defended immediately. "does he even know how you managed that?"

y/n laughed, "nope. barely even gave me a chance to explain myself. even though i really shouldn't have to."

she had a point, will thought. nothing happened, it was seriously just another case of deja vu.

"louis has a thing for overreacting."

"i can tell."

it was obvious y/n knew everything now. how will liked her, how louis reacted, she knew everything that he wanted to keep to himself.