- chapter 32 -

"where's josh?" y/n asked the three boys standing in the hall as she came down the stairs. "tell me you didn't let him leave."

"we tried, y/n," marcel frowned, turning her way. "we really tried."

"you mean you failed?"

seeing the look on her friends face, she sighed, shaking her head. "sorry, marc. i didn't mean it like that."

jenna's footsteps came from behind her, echoing down the steps till she approached the group.

"is she okay?" tom asked, his hands on his hips.

"yes, she's taking a shower." jenna nodded. "i have a feeling she won't be coming down for awhile."

y/n leaned her back against the wall, rubbing her eyes to get rid of the tired in them. "she said that he was talking to that girl this whole time." the girl looked back up at her friends.

jenna scoffed, shaking her head with multiple levels of disappointment. "who even is she?"

"i don't know." y/n bit her tongue. "and i really don't care to find out."

"god, i'm an idiot." marcel suddenly said. "if i'd known anything he was doing, you guys know i would have told olivia, right?"

"no one blames you, marcel." louis put a hand on his shoulder. "this ones on josh."

he nodded, relaxed by the comfort. though he still blamed himself for no knowing, considering he spent a lot of time with josh, basically every hour of the day.

a knock came from the front door, making their slumped shoulders sprout upwards from the noise.

"speak of the devil."

"oh, i've got this one." y/n said, walking around louis and between marcel and tom, ready to give joshua a piece of her mind. she had already been reciting things she would say to him the minute olivia started crying.

she grasped the handle of the door, yanking it open harshly. "you complete fucking-"

will stood there at the door, his eyebrows raised by the sudden attack with violent words. the words were soon cut short once y/n realized who was at the door.

she relaxed her shoulders, leaning her head on the door. "oh. it's just you."

the boy tilted his head, insulted by the disappointment. "glad to see you too, yeah?"

"no- i- sorry, will." she moved to the side so he could step in. "i thought you were someone else, my bad."

she shut the door once he was inside, looking around confused as to why everyone was piled in the middle of the hallway. "who were you planning to cuss out all of sudden?"

y/n chuckled, starting to feel bad for how she welcomed him in. "it's sort of a long story."

he nodded and they all started to move up the stairs, used to the routine of being in the living room between tom and
y/n's rooms. it wasn't long till they were all thrown on different couches.

"so what happened?" will asked, fixing his pants before he sat down next to y/n.

she pursed her lips, not even sure if she should say anything considering it wasn't her story to tell.

marcel on the other hand had no filter. "joshua's an idiot, basically." he said, twirling the bracelet on his hand.

will let out a breathy laugh, rubbing the side of his chin while he waited for marcel to go more into detail.

"he- well, he sorta-" marcel paused, not actually sure of where to even start. "honestly, i don't know where to start."

"i do..." olivia was wearing a huge hoodie, way too big for her own good as she combed her freshly showered hair. she took a seat next to tom near the counter, lifting one of her knees to her chest.