- chapter 50 -

faceless was over the first season, at least.

y/n was no longer needed in london, she no longer had business there, it was time to move on.

at least that's what her dad told her.

"what do you mean i have to acknowledge my other options?" she scrunched her face up in denial, and robert sighed before turning his head towards tom.

they both had expected this.

"i don't have to make any decisions this second, dad." she stood up from the couch, walking her way to the kitchen. she hoped her dad would take the hint and drop the subject.

"you kind of do, y/n." tom pitched in, following her into the kitchen.

she looked over her shoulder, "so you're on his side?"

tom put his hands up in defense.

"he's not taking sides, honey." robert had already stood up. "it's just he's not gonna be in london either..."

y/n blinked, looking back and forth between the two men standing in front of her and without realizing, she crossed her arms. "you're leaving, tom?"

he took a step forward, shaking his head. "not right now, but you knew that spider-man three is happening, and we also knew that it was going to change some things."

it was no lie that y/n had been thrown off her track for a moment, but how could she forget something so important?

"gosh," she let her head fall back. "i need to get my shit together, how could i forget?"

"you've gotten use to it here, y/n." robert rubbed her arm. "that's how. you think of london as your home and now we're here telling you that you're going to have to leave."

"but not forever." tom tilted his head. "eventually you're going to have to come back."

she gave a stiff nod, "not so much that i have to come back, i want to come back."

"you have responsibilities, y/n."

she rolled her eyes, leaning against the counter. "yeah, i know. i know i've got responsibilities but i really want to at least finish what i'm working on here." y/n said, "here, in london."

she had it all planned out in her head and she was ready to make it happen.

"that's understandable," rob turned around, he had his hand propped up against his chin. and both tom and y/n were having major marcel movie flashbacks because tony stark did that pose way too often.

"we have to set a date then, hon." her dad turned back. "where are you on that whole . . . situation?"

y/n grabbed her phone, glancing at the time before looking back up. "omar should be getting here in a couple of hours, and he'll be helping me finalize a song or two then i'll see from there."

robert nodded slowly, turning to the side as he did so as if he were in a serious thought. "the sooner the better." he mumbled.

she was reaching in the fridge for a water when she furrowed her eyebrows at his words.

"why?"

he swiftly turned back around, his mouth turned down in a 'no biggie' type of way. "no reason." he shrugged.

being raised by an actor has its perks, it really does. you pick up a couple of tricks along the way. and y/n knew all of her dads tricks. robert was very good at making things seem different than what they actually are.

but father like daughter, y/n knew some tricks too.

she shut the fridge, and shuffled suspiciously closer to her dad. "what are you on about, downey?"

"don't downey me." robert rolled his eyes, "and i have no idea what you're talking about."

a poorly attempt of escaping the situation was made by robert, but y/n was quick to step in front of him to stop him from moving.

"not moving till you tell me what you're hiding."

he shook his head at her dramatically, "i'm not hiding anything!" he rolled his head back to the side to make eye contact with tom. "right, tom? i'm not hiding anything."

"oh, so he's in on this too?" y/n opened twisted the top of her water bottle, prying the cap off with an interested gaze.

"no!" tom shook his head. "i'm not in on anything."

"i'm feeling really left out right now." y/n raised the clear bottle to her lips, twisting her body towards the living room.

she threw herself on the couch before swallowing the cold beverage, it flowing down flawlessly. and they stared at her with pursed lips as she crossed one leg over another.

tom and rob looked back and forth at each other.

"screw it!"

a satisfied smile made its way onto her face as she sat up straighter, fixing herself into a criss-cross position while robert and tom flew over to the couch next to her.

"there's been talk." tom exposed.

"what kind of... talk?" y/n rose a brow.

robert took over from here, "well, about you." he said.

"me?"

"you and your character."

she scrunched her nose. "which character? and why haven't i heard of this talk? is this marvel talk? cw talk? faceless talk? c'mon, you got to give me something."

"marvel talk, and you haven't heard about it because you've been in london." tom explained as if it was common knowledge.

"what?" y/n blinked. "so have you? how do you know about this before me?"

tom pointed at her dad.

"of course, but continue."

"god, you're not even supposed to know about this because nothing is set in stone." robert rubbed his forehead.

she gave a pity shrug, "never stopped us before."

"it's just a rumor. we don't even know if it's true!" he continued.

"so then why keep it a secret if it's not true?" y/n rose a brow. it was very clear this was going to be an endless cycle.

they were both equally as stubborn.

three words. she really never thought three words could bring her so many emotions at once. confusion, suspicion, happiness, and confusion again. these three words could change everything. even more than what's happened before.

and for these words to only be part of a rumor?

"your own movie," robert had said.

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

syd speaks

why hello there pretty people :)

7 by the way, i haven't forgotten 😼

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇