- chapter 3 -

"and then i looked at my phone and there it was-!"

"wait, liv," y/n cut her off. "slow down, i didn't understand a word you just said."

olivia was currently pacing in front of the sitting y/n. y/n watched her from the bed.

"start from the beginning."

olivia inhaled and nodded, taking a seat next to y/n on the bed. "so, i was with josh, we were watching glee,-"

"glee?" y/n scrunched her nose, interrupting her.

liv rolled her eyes, "the reruns."

"oh." the girl nodded, understanding. that does sound like something they would do.

olivia shook her head. "that's not the point!" she said. "have you checked your emails?"

"no, my phone is dead."

"okay well." olivia inhaled again. "max just emailed me,
saying he sent the same email to you."

y/n made her lips into a thin line, "and this email was about?..."

they were getting nowhere with this conversation.

"they want us to make a song for the show!" olivia spat out quickly. she gasped when she said it and slapped a hand over her mouth.

nevermind the not getting anywhere.

y/n's jaw practically fell to the floor. "THEY WANT US TO-"

"SHUT UP!" olivia removed her hand from her mouth and slapped it over y/n's.

"they also want us to keep it a secret." liv whispered.

y/n's mouth was still open in olivia's hand.

olivia yelped and snatched her hand away when y/n licked the inside of her palm.

"Y/N! YOU JUST LICKED ME!"

"i know." she got up. y/n started pacing like olivia was doing not too long ago.

make a song? as in write a song? then sing it? for the show? for them to put it on the show so the whole world could hear it?

y/n made music for fun not for serious purposes. this was a serious purpose.

what if the public didn't like the song? what if they hated it? would it cost her her job? would it cost olivia her job? when were they supposed to write it by? was there a specific-

"i can literally hear you overthinking." olivia sighed, looking at y/n who was now, unknowingly, biting her nails.

y/n stopped when she heard liv's voice that brought her out of her thoughts. she pursed her lips.

"sorry." she said. "but, uh, a song?"

"a song."

"jeez. that's a lot of pressure." she took a seat next to liv again.

she nodded. "i know. and we have to keep it from the whole cast at the same time."

y/n clenched her jaw, rubbing her forehead. "by when?"

"well that depends on the scene. and the scene is when ariana throws that massive party."

"the party?"

"the party that gets raided by police? yes. that's the one."

y/n snapped her head towards the girl. "we're filming that in two weeks!"

"which means we have two weeks to write a song."

"no." y/n shook her head. "we have days, liv. probably like five days to actually write the lyrics, then figure out the chorus and shit the next two days, then record with whatever time we have left." she explained, "and it'll take some time for the producers to actually do the damn producing!"