- chapter 31 -

louis turned to his girlfriend and away from her closet. "how about this one?" he looked back down at the shirt in his hands. "it's lovely."

y/n groaned, throwing herself face flat on her bed, her voice muffled by the blankets when she spoke. "it's cute but it's itchy material, i want to be comfortable."

he nodded even though she couldn't see, ticking his tongue before hanging the shirt back in her closet and continued his hunt for something she could wear for her interview tomorrow.

after various amounts of yelling, throwing clothes, multiple cuss words, louis decided that it was best he would take over the quest of finding y/n's outfit. she had panicked when she got home from being out with millie, olivia and jenna, realizing she had completely forgotten about the interview.

"you're a picky little minx, you know that?" he said, his face still in her closet.

y/n slumped her shoulder at his sentence, lifting her head barely enough to see his legs from her bed, "you think?"

it was safe to say louis was the semi-patient one in the relationship. and y/n had no problem with that.

"okay, fine." louis suddenly decided, making y/n lift her head completely, her elbows keeping her up.

he ripped a piece of clothing from a hanger inside her closet, threw it on the bed before she could even see it, bent down to the floor, picking up a pair of mom jeans y/n had thrown on the floor minutes before, threw those on the bed, walked over to her drawers, yanked out a white collared long sleeve shirt and threw that on her bed as well.

"you're wearing that." he said, finally throwing himself on the bed next to her. "no more tossing clothes around."

she squinted her eyes at him, sitting up before crawling to grab all the items and sitting back down with them in her hands.

a brown and sage sweater vest, a washed out pair of mom jeans with the white collared underneath.

she stared at the clothes in front of her, peeking up to see louis staring at her awaiting her response.

y/n shrugged, falling back onto the bed. "not bad, partridge."

"you little-"

loud voices from downstairs cut louis' sentence short, making y/n lift her head from her pillow, looking at her closed door.

"what the fuck was that?"

louis shrugged, them both staying silent to get a better listen on it. the voices came closer, still muffled but it was very obvious it wasn't a polite conversation.

they were both on their feet, basically flying to the door without a second thought.

arguing this loudly was rare in the house. if it was sarcasm and ironically, yes, that was normal, but this wasn't.

y/n opened the door, immediately coming into view with tom who was clearly hearing everything they were hearing and wanted to investigate further.

"that's completely off the point, olivia!" josh's booming voice made them turn towards the kitchen.

olivia and josh were standing in the middle of the kitchen. olivia looked in distress but josh looked so unaffected, a water bottle in his hand.

"you're being dramatic." he said to her.

y/n did a double take.

"oh, i'm being dramatic?" olivia took a step towards him. "who was it telling me they wanted to give me the world last week, huh?!"