- chapter 17 -

"y/n. please." tom snapped. "you've been singing that song since we got here."

she looked over at him, an offended look glued onto her face as she brought her arms up to her chest.

"what, tom? are you peppa-phobic?"

"peppa- what? no, i'm not peppa freaking phobic. you've sang the same lyrics over and over for a million times."

"well, too bad." she said. "i'm peppa-"

louis had come up from behind her as they stood in line, he took his left hand and softly put it over her mouth, keeping her from saying anything. or singing anything.

he leveled down so his mouth was next to her ear. "much better, don't you think, darling?"

she squinted her eyes and shook her head side to side.

"oh?" he peered over at her from next to her head. "i think that was a yes." louis looked over at the guy in front of him. "tom? don't you agree?"

tom nodded, a smirk on his face. "oh definitely, louis."

y/n rolled her eyes, shoving her tongue against the inside of louis hand. but she frowned when he didn't remove it from her face.

"i knew you were gonna do that, yeah?" he chuckled. "it's okay, i don't mind."

the place will picked was nice, they did have to wait outside due to how small it was inside. full, it was— not necessarily crowded but y/n hoped they'd be seated at a table before anyone were to catch them in public.

"will should be close, right?" marcel asked, rocking his foot back and forth.

"yeah." louis nodded from y/n's shoulder. "he was leaving his house, i think."

remembering, y/n tapped his arm softly, letting him know that she was asking to be freed from his hand.

she dug into her bag as louis watched, pulling out his phone and dangling it in front of his face.

"forget something, partridge?"

"nah." he said plainly. "i knew you had it."

she stared at him. "well, here you go, it's weighing me down."

"it's a phone."

"yeah, it's a phone. but it's weighing my bag down."

"whatever, downey."

y/n tilted her head at him. "just downey? no miss downey as usual?"

he rose his eyebrows. "so you do have a preference?"

tom groaned loudly, making jenna laugh as tom watched the two. "can you both be quiet with the flirting?"

"speaking of flirting." jenna said, cutting y/n off before she could say anything to tom. "how do you think it's going with liv and josh?"

"what's happening with liv and josh?"

will walked up to them, a blue jumper with black pants, his phone in his hands as he stepped onto the sidewalk.

"y/n came up with a plan to finally get things moving with them." jenna explained, taking over.

will rose his eyebrows, looking at y/n surprised, he bumped her shoulder with a smile. "it's about time."

she nodded. "mhm. josh didn't want their first kiss to happen on camera."

"sounds like we've got ourselves a problem solver
with this one."

soon enough after standing outside for ten minutes, give or take, they were finally sat inside at a table which was set directly in front of the outside window.