Unintentional Intentions

The corridors of the high school were empty, giving off an eerie atmosphere as the only sound that could be heard was the squeaking of Jennifer's black shoes upon the vinyl floors as she made her way through the large building to her locker.

The entire school body was gathered on the bleachers in the main gym hall, practically sitting on top of each other as they watched a basketball game between the schools team and some other high school that Jennifer had never heard of. She didn't quite understand why it was such a big thing, why it was basically school rules that you had to attend the game, why everyone was so hyped to see the game to the point that it had been the talk of the school for the entirety of the month that had led up to it. 

The last week of the exams was next week, but luckily Jennifer only had one left. Unluckily, that exam was tomorrow. Maybe it was bad timing on behalf of the school council, or maybe the game was strategically placed near the end of the exams to give people some inspiration and spirit. Either way, Jennifer did not wish to waste half her day watching tall, sweaty boys run around the freshly waxed wooden floor trying to throw an orange ball into a hoop when she could be preparing for her last exam. 

Not even ten minutes into the game Jennifer had excused herself from her friends, claiming to need some fresh air, but was in fact, going to grab her stuff from her locker and head up to library - aka, the furthest point from the gym. She wouldn't be missed too much, hell, half of them were too busy drooling over their boyfriends in tank tops to even notice the hilarious sight of the head teacher trying to stand up from his seat in the row directly infront of them only to almost fall off the stalls when his blazer got caught between the benches. 

Upon reaching the locker with Beatles and Pink Floyd stickers stuck onto the blue door, Jennifer twisted the dial in the order of her stolen combination and when it unlocked she began rifling through the metal contraption, trading certain jotters with the contents of her bag. To say her locker was a mess would be an understatement, which came as some surprise to the person approaching her. Jennifer always had a spare pencil, pen and rubber in her pocket, never lost a single worksheet, never forgot a jotter - the acts of an organised person, but that wasn't the case. 

Jennifer hoarded, big time. Everything she had ever been given out at school resided in her locker, sheets of paper and textbooks overflowing their assigned folders, creating a sea of paper. On top of that, two bags were stacked up the side, one with gym clothes and one with a spare change in case anything was spilled or ripped. To top it all off, a large art folder full of work and materials rested diagonally, too big to fit upright. In short, it was a death trap to anyone who didn't understand the complex layout of the cuboid.

Hearing footsteps behind her, Jennifer spun around, ready to explain to an angry teacher why she was here rather than at the game, but had no need to ask as she came face to face (or more accurately chest) with the one and only Peter Maximoff. "Jeez, you scared me!," she puffed, turning back to her locker and continuing to fumble with her stuff.

Peter chuckled at how jumpy the girl was. "What are you doing?" He looked around. "Where is everyone?"

"Basketball game. I'm going to grab my stuff and study for physics instead."

"You wanna come to mine?"

Jennifer grinned. "Anything to get out of here."

Removing her art folder and physics notes from her locker, Jennifer slammed the metal door shut and began walking towards the exit, Peter taking the messy science folder from her and shoving it in her bag as they moved, neither wanting to stay too long inside and be caught ditching. This was actually the first time the sixteen year old girl had skipped, proving the fact that Peter was a bad influence on her, but skipping school and skipping a sports match were two different things, and besides, she was only skipping to study, so it wasn't like she was passing up her education.