Father Figure is a Sociopath

Creaks and groans sounded from the centre of Shaw's submarine as the metal bent outwards, creating a large cavity. Everyone on the beach looked up to see Erik float out the sub, Shaw held up like a rag doll infront of him. Based upon the way his head was dropped and the general lifelessness about him, Jennifer presumed Shaw was dead. Erik had completed the mission; their plan had succeeded. But the scene before Jennifer wasn't right. Shaw's helmet was no longer on his head, but rather Erik's. He had changed the plan.

He looked powerful from his position in the sky, and he was. With the helmet on Charles would be unable to reach his mind, and Jennifer doubted anyone could fight half as well as Erik. She supposed that was his plan - be unstoppable.

"Today our fighting stops!" Erik announced to the beach before letting Shaw's body drop to the ground. He then lowered himself to the sand and looked around. "Take off your blinders brothers and sisters. The real enemy is out there." He pointed to the ocean which still held the war ships as he started walking towards the shore - everyone else following him cautiously. "I feel their guns moving in the water, their metal targeting us. Americans, Soviets, humans - united in their fear of the unknown. The Neanderthal is running scared my fellow mutants!"

Jennifer's eyes followed Erik closely. Now she was scared. Shaw was a man with a plan, and whilst he would do everything in his power to get what he wanted, he never once hide his intentions. Erik however, acted from anger - an emotion as tangible as the weather. His mind could flip like a switch and it was impossible to know if this was what he wanted all along or if his thoughts were only just consolidating. He allowed his emotions to cloud his judgement, as had Jennifer. If she hadn't of been so hopeful to have a father figure she would've realised Erik's fatal flaw earlier and possibly prevented this turn of events.

Erik turned his head to Charles who was now beside him, he lowered his voice. "Go ahead Charles, tell me I'm wrong."

Jennifer desperately hoped he was. The X-Division had saved the world and their thanks would be being blown up? That would hardly be fair.

Charles placed his forefingers on his temple, then slowly removed them in shock before nodding to Moira who ran back to their crashed jet. So Erik was right - they were being targeted for no reason other than fear. Jennifer's blood started to boil at the very thought. Hank, seeing the anger in her eyes as she once again fell into the trap of emotion, placed one of his blue hands on her shoulder - the last thing they needed was a hot headed teenager.

Missiles launched from every ship, all headed in the direction of the mutants. White smoke flew behind them as they continued in wobbly lines. No could be blamed for their deaths other than themselves. If Jennifer hadn't been stupid enough to agree to join a secret organisation that didn't even operate under her own government, she would be fine. Over the past week her life had been put in danger too many times to count and maybe this would be the last.

Then something occurred - every time she had been threatened, she had been saved, and who better to save the group that the guy that could control metal?

Two hundred meters before the missiles reached the beach they stopped courtesy of Mr jazz hands. If it wasn't for the fact that they were still in a crisis and it was nuclear bombs, the sight would've been very pretty - you had to stick on a few words like 'peace is still an option' and boom, you have a poster.

Then the bombs turned.

"Erik, you said it yourself - we're the better men. This is the time to prove it." Charles' attempt to grab Erik's conscience failed as the bombs were re-targeted at the ships. "There are thousands of men on those ships! Good, honest, innocent men! They're just following orders!"