Don't Join The Psycho

After everyone had had their chance to show off their mutations, a party of sorts had started. Music was playing, paper cups were scattered about - typical things you would have at a party. Then you had Alex and Sean hitting Darwin with all sorts of objects, in a futile attempt to break his rocky torso that his mutation had provided him with. Raven was standing on top of the couch, dancing to the upbeat music.

Towards the middle of the room, Hank hung upside down from a ceiling light behind Jennifer who had her wings open to the side of her. Angel was flying a couple of feet off of the ground pouring a dark dye over Jennifer's wings. (No one knew why there was buckets of dye in a covert CIA base. Angel said that she had found it in a Janitor's cupboard.) The whole group had decided it would be a great idea to dye her wings, to hide speckles of blood and give them a bit of character. Jennifer hadn't been onboard with the idea, worried it would damage the feathers, or simply look terrible. They managed to convince her otherwise - so much for not giving into peer pressure.

Hank was spreading the dye with a heavy duty paintbrush as it ran down the feathers, creating a gradient from a rich black at the top to a very pastel grey at the bottom. Jennifer was making the job harder for them as she was moving about, dancing to the music. She was having fun without having to hide her true self. It was a memory that she knew she'd never forget. She thought that nothing could take her smile off of her face.

That wasn't the case.

Jennifer had her eyes shut and was humming to the 'Hippy Hippy Shake' so she didn't see Moira MacTaggert approach them (with Charles and Erik trailing behind her) with an expression that clearly read pissed off.

"What are you doing?!" Everyone looked towards Moira who was standing with her hands on her hips, and a very-not-amused expression.

After realising that they were in deep trouble - as Jennifer had previously guessed they would be - Darwin removed his rocky mutation in a ripple effect, Angel placed the almost empty bucket of dye on the ground and Hank jumped down from the ceiling bar, stumbling into Jennifer who was frozen in place. She had hardly ever been in trouble, and never from a CIA agent – she felt like a young kid that had stolen a cookie from the jar.

"Who destroyed the statue?" Moira asked, pointing behind her to the statue that had been sliced through the middle earlier on.

Angel let out small snort, but hid her face, placing her wings back onto her body in the process.

Hank spoke up quickly. "It was Alex." Alex turned to him in a way that read 'Dude, what the hell?'

Whilst Jennifer allowed her wings to relax behind her (she couldn't put them away since they were still wet), she wondered whether Hank was a snitch, or if he just wanted to get Alex back for the 'bigfoot' comment an hour or so ago.

She didn't have time to decide as Raven started to talk. "No. Havok. We have to call him Havok. That's his name now." She faced 'Havoc' briefly, then turned back to Moira, Charles and Erik. "And we were thinking, you should be Professor X, and you should be Magneto." She pointed to Charles and Erik respectively.

(Jennifer had suggested the 'Magnet' bit for Erik, and Alex had decided it best to add the 'o'.)

The three adults before them were clearly not impressed, unlike Raven who was smiling like she'd won the lottery.

"Exceptional," Erik replied, completely monotoned, expressing his groups feelings.

It was when Moira walked away that Raven's smile fell, dropping even more when Charles said, "I expect more from you." He was talking to the whole group, but his eyes stayed fixed on Raven as he and Erik followed Moira.