Houston We Have So Many Problems

The wind picked up around Jennifer's barely conscious body, her eyes fluttering shut with the force. Through her eyelids she could see a bright light, flashing on and off at a rapid rate, to the point that anyone with epilepsy would be dead - and in all honesty Jennifer wasn't far away from that fate.

Then everything was gone - there was no wind, no light, no ground, just...nothingness. Every thought, instinct and emotion was wiped straight from Jennifer's head. She was just there, wherever there was. Of course, she was unaware of this, her brain already shut down.

And then, it woke up.

|| ~ || ~ ||

There is a struggle between getting out of bed and going back to sleep. Everyone faces it, everyday. What if the urge to sleep was a hundred times stronger than getting up? With the scales tipped like that no one would even bother second guessing their decision. Now imagine that sleeping was replaced with death. Could anyone fight the odds of one hundred to one and succeed? It was highly unlikely.

But, there was still a slim chance of surviving, and Jennifer took it.

It wasn't a conscious decision to live per say, in fact, the decision came from Jennifer's deep sub-conscious - the only part of her that seemed to be functioning at this moment. Some part of her knew that she was important and that she had more to live for, and those two factors alone managed to wake up the rest of her brain.

As Jennifer's senses started to turn on again, she became aware of certain things relatively quickly. The first thing she was aware of was the cold ground covered in small stones that pressed into her side. The second thing was the faint smell of freshly baked bread that was carried by a sharp wind that stung her cheeks. The third was the silence. The only thing that made a sound was the occasional scraping of a leaf against the ground. There were no cars, no people walking by - just her.

When she was able to do so, Jennifer slowly opened her eyes to the world around her. A mere foot away from her face was a puddle. Funny thing was, it hadn't rained in the entire week Jennifer had been there, and it couldn't have rained when she was unconscious because her clothes were still bone dry.

Jennifer elected to ignore this for the time being and clambered to her feet, picking up her shopping bag in the process. As she found her balance, Jennifer peered inside the paper bag. Fortunately none of the tins or cartons had burst during the drop. Unfortunately, the bar of chocolate was bent in a peculiar way. This wouldn't prevent Jennifer from eating it of course, but it meant Erik was going to ask her two questions rather than one. Those questions being : 1)Why didn't she buy something more beneficial with the money?, and 2)Why was the chocolate broken?

As she was unable to explain her fall and unconscious moment to herself, Jennifer doubted it would go down well with the rest of the team. So she wouldn't tell them. They didn't need to worry about her (and some of them probably wouldn't anyways) , and besides, it was probably just a concussion from her fighting session with Azazael.

With the bag looped on one arm, Jennifer took out the chocolate and shoved it into pocket with her spare hand in attempt to hide it and then headed back to the warehouse. While walking, she realised that her head was slightly painful from where she had hit the ground. Maybe that's why she didn't notice the numerous potholes that most certainly weren't there an hour ago.

When Jennifer reached the warehouse she nudged open one of the two large doors located at the side of the building, only to be met with darkness when she entered. Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion she flipped the switch for the lights. Nothing happened. Frowning even more, Jennifer fully opened the double door behind her to let the light come through. Dust particles floated through the thick air and swarmed around Jennifer, the wind blowing the wrong direction to sweep them away.