Chapter 9

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE
SMOKING/ALCOHOL/DRUGS

"Go and say hello." Raf urged me again.

"All right all right fuck off." I growled although my stomach seemed to be leaping at the prospect. I picked up another flute of champagne and downed it quickly, the bubbly liquid did nothing to calm my nerves.

I breathed out a breath and walked towards the woman. She was laughing along with another woman, my eyes however, were solely on her.

I cleared my throat which grabbed her attention. As soon as her dark eyes met mines, I was lost for words. I stood close enough that I could smell her delicate perfume, see the tiny freckles that dotted her cheeks and see her perfect smile.

"That was quite the show." I said referring to the man she belittled before. "It was wasn't it." Her lips teased a smile. "I saw you drink before coming over to speak to me. Am I really that intimidating?" She smirked. Fucking hell.

"You're only that beautiful that if I didn't drink I would fear I'd make a fool out of myself." I replied. She smiled and tilted her head slightly. "Vicenzo." I introduced myself and held out a hand.

She looked down at my hand and then at me. "I'm not fond of shaking hands and I know who you are." Her lips tugged into a small smile. I let my hand fall to my side slowly. "You know who I am but I'm afraid I don't know who you are." I said.

"This is my first time at this ball. It's so fucking boring. And as to who I am, that's for you to find out." She grinned showing her perfect smile once again. Her cheeks had slight dimples and her skin was sun kissed. I was captivated with how she spoke to me as if she wasn't afraid nor intimidated.

"Most people do what I ask of them." I said my own lips tugging into a small smile. "Then it seems like I'm not most people." She smiled. Fucking hell.

"Since you won't tell me your name or who you are at least give me a clue." I said. I watched her hum a beautiful sound. "I have a brother, Admir." She simply said.

"That name where is it from?" I asked yet again intrigued. "Like I said that's for me to know and for you to find out. See you around Enzo." She walked away into the crowd without so much as a glance back. I stood still. She was so fucking interesting. I hardly even minded when she called me Enzo, it rolled off her tongue perfectly. Fucking hell.

"Well." Raf said breaking me out of my daze. "She didn't tell me." I spoke slowly still looking in the direction she walked off in. "What do you mean she didn't tell you?" Raf asked. I turned to face him. "Admir, do you know an Admir?" I asked him.

"No." He said. "Who..what the fuck?" He muttered as he scratched his neck. His sleeves were now rolled up to his elbows. "I need to find Admir." I stated as I looked around the room. It shouldn't be that hard.

Raf and I headed off in separate directions in the hopes of finding this man. I had no idea what he looked like. Damn she was sneaky.

I talked to several men whom I did not know. The evening was getting later and I didn't catch a glimpse of her again. No one seemed to know an Admir so I was starting to think he never went by his name.

I was so fucking tired so I headed outside for a smoke. The constant noise and talking was taking it's toll. The cool air of the night hit me as I leaned against the wall. I pulled out a cigarette and felt my pockets.

"Need a light?" A man said as he handed me his lighter. I nodded and lit my cigarette. I handed it back to him. This man was someone I did not know. Perhaps I should find out. Before I could ask, he beat me to it.