Chapter 41

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
SMOKING/ALCOHOL/DRUGS

LIRAS POV 🍕🍟🧀🍔🍦🍫🍜🥗
(Some eye catching emojis so you don't miss the POV)

I always knew that Enzo's parents would be absolutely fucking amazing. I was a bit apprehensive about meeting them because I didn't know what they were like. Maybe they would immediately hate me. Despite Enzo reassuring me to be myself, I wanted to make a good impression. Meeting his mother would be fucking great, she's the Italian Mafia Don. A woman in such a high position, fuck.

I was nervous I'll admit. My mouth sometimes ran and I just hope I don't offend them.

I lingered back and heard Enzo talking to his parents. The first thing I heard his mother say was if he was on drugs and that was the funniest shit I've heard all day. When Enzo finally introduced me, I came to stand by his side.

His mother was fucking gorgeous. She was naturally beautiful, with tanned skin and long curly hair. She looked at me with a stone cold expression and I could feel power radiating off her. I wouldn't want to mess with her. His father stood beside her. He definitely looked a lot like Enzo. He was more calm and inviting. He wore a T-shirt which showed off his muscles and his face was blank but he seemed nice.

After introducing myself, they both seemed shocked but not overly surprised. All I know is they probably appreciated the fact that I was from the Mafia world and not just some girl. I would never rely on Enzo and it's just easier.

"I -uh we didn't do anything." Enzo stumbled over his words with wide eyes. I couldn't help but smile at him. He was a mommy's boy, there was no denying it. I found it incredibly hot. Enzo was a man who would never stutter, never miss a beat and yet here he was practically at his mother's feet. How cute. It just showed me how much he loved his mother and how close their bond was.

"Lira what did he do?" His mother asked me unconvinced. I stopped smiling and released my inner snitch. "He pushed Dimitri into champagne which pissed him off and the next day we were shot at. So we went back and killed two of them." I said calmly. I held back my part in the evening because that wasn't my best behaviour and definitely not something I'd like to say straight away.

His mother looked at me and soon she smiled. "I like you. Come with me." She waved me to follow her and that's what I did. I already liked his mother. She was everything I wished my mother was.

She led me to the kitchen whereby she called a maid to pour us a drink. She took a sip and then looked at me. "Right so you like my son?" She asked again very bluntly. "I do." I replied honestly. She hummed and interlaced her fingers atop the kitchen island and I saw her beautiful wedding ring. I liked her bluntness, it was definitely refreshing.

"You're in the Mafia, so you can definitely defend yourself. Can you shoot?" She asked me. "Yes I can shoot." I smiled back. His mother shook her head. "Fuck." She took another sip of her drink. "Enzo's told me that you aren't very good at shooting and driving." I snitched again. Fuck, he's going to be pissed at me later.

"My husband's teaching me and driving, no fuck, I'm good at that." She chuckled and sighed. "He's still teaching you?" I asked with a teasing smirk. His mother scoffed. "Knives are much better anyway." I nodded in agreement.

"So tell me about yourself." His mother asked. "Uh well Mrs Ferrari-" She cut me off. "Alessia is fine." She smiled. I felt so comfortable with her, as if I could tell her anything. "Well Alessia, there's not to much to tell. I was raised by my brother and the Mafia is all I know. I'm going to be honest, I'm a bitch. People don't like me for no reason and if they did, I'd probably slap them." I said.