Chapter 29

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
GUN VIOLENCE
ALCOHOL

"How is Gabrielle?" I asked after Uncle Kaden's wife. We went down to the hotel bar. It was now past midnight and it was closed. But nothing is ever closed, not for me at least. "She's good. We're all good." He replied.

He sipped his whiskey and I sipped mines. We sat in the dim lighting all alone. It was quiet and peaceful. "How's your dad and mom?" He asked me. "Doing good. I guess they are." I said. "They have gone abroad again haven't they?" Uncle Kaden chuckled lightly.

I hummed in agreement. "And is Raphael staying out of trouble?" He asked. "Of course he is. I'm keeping him on the straight and narrow. You'll never guess what he said to me today?" I smirked as I held my glass in my hand, swooshing the amber coloured liquid around.

"He's taken a vow of celibacy and wants to become a monk." Uncle Kaden chuckled. I chuckled. "He wants to find a proper girlfriend. Not just a one night stand. So I said we'll go to the Russians event next month." I said.

"No way! What the fuck? Well why are you going to the Russians?" He asked me. "There was a girl. I think she caught his eye." I said and sipped my drink.

Uncle Kaden hummed and patted my back. "My nephew is a matchmaker. That's fucking hilarious...but in all honestly, I think it would be good for Raphael." He smiled at me and set his empty glass down.

"And what about you?" He asked as he poured in some more whiskey. He also topped up my glass. "What?" I asked with furrowed brows.

"Don't give me that. Isabella told me. She told me all about the beautiful princess you love." He smiled. I smiled and licked my lips. "It's true." I ran a hand through my hair and looked at my reflection off the back of the bar.

"Have you told Alessia?" He asked me. "No I have yet to tell my mom...what do you think she will say?" I rubbed my stubble.

Uncle Kaden hummed and cleared his throat. "Difficult to say. What's the girl like? If she's bitchy like Alessia, she'll love her." He looked down at his watch.

"Yes she's definitely bitchy." I tilted my head and sighed. "Well then you've got nothing to worry about. It's late Enzo, you should sleep. What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked as he stood up from the bar stool.

"I'm taking my favourite cousin out to play. If that's okay with you. How long are you staying?" I asked as we walked out of the bar. The bar staff that was awoken to open the bar for us wasn't looking pleased but when I tipped him, his eyes lit up.

"Just tomorrow. We're flying back to America in the evening. So I'll need her back before eight." He said. "You got it." I said and pretended to salute him. He chuckled and shook his head at me.

I went back into my room to find the fort still where it was. I had a quick shower and laid down onto the bed. I'm glad I didn't decide to go partying with Raf because it's not often that I do see Isabella. But at least I had tomorrow off to enjoy with her.

The next day I woke up and drove straight home. I got dressed into a new T-shirt and pair of jeans. After I had my breakfast and a cup of black coffee, I knocked on Raf's bedroom. He didn't answer but I knew he wouldn't. I pushed it open to see him face down fast asleep in his bed. He didn't even take his shoes off. But there wasn't a girl beside him so maybe what he said was true.

I closed the door behind me, deciding to let him sleep it off. I headed downstairs and found Sergio's room. All the main guards have shared rooms here to make it easier for them to do their jobs. Some of my other guards looked at me but didn't dare ask what I was doing.