Chapter 27

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
SMOKING/ALCOHOL/DRUGS
DEATH

After I made sure Mara got into a car safely, I headed to see Nico. I didn't like the man. Not at all. It's a wonder why I haven't already got rid of him. But today, I think it's the last straw. I was already pissed off and I needed to let my anger out. And Nico was the perfect man for the job.

I headed to my car which was parked outside the club. I grabbed my gun from inside the glovebox and put it into my belt, closing the car door behind me. I pulled out my phone and leaned against the car casually. "Raf. Have you finished? Meet me at Nico's. What the fuck? He's on a yacht. Where? Procida. Fine meet me there." I spoke to him.

The fucking bastard was on a fucking yacht throwing a party. Word must have got to him that I was pissed with him and that I was coming for him. I must applaud his attempt to avoid death, throwing a party meant lots of witnesses. It did not matter to me. If I wanted him dead, he would be dead.

As I put my phone away, I stood upright and saw two women coming over to me. They were giggling and clearly drunk. "Is this your car? Can I see inside?" The brunette asked as she admired the car.

The other woman walked over to me and stumbled forward. I caught her and tried to help her to her feet. The brunette grabbed my hand and held it in hers. A distraction.

In two seconds the other woman had pulled my gun out of my belt and pointed it at me. The brunette stood next to her.

"Ladies please. Let's not do this." I said as I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Shut up." The one with the gun growled. She held it wrong, her grip was poor. She never held a gun in her life. "Maybe we shouldn't do this. Let's just go." The brunette urged her friend. She was shaking, probably cold and nervous.

"Shut up!" The other woman yelled as she kept the gun pointed in my direction. "I know who sent you. Nico. Let me guess, he wanted you to seduce me. To kill me while I fucked you." I scoffed dryly. I didn't move from where I stood.

"He's paying us a lot of money." The brunette said with wide eyes. I don't think she meant to let that slip. She tugged her short dress down her thighs. I cleared my throat and crossed my arms. "If you need money, I have plenty. If you need protection, I can give you that." I said calmly.

"Maybe we should just go. Just take his money and go. You know who he is." The brunette pestered once more. Her friend, however, didn't budge. She shook her friends hand off her arm. "We have to do it. It's not just the money. He's threatened your sister." She said while looking at her.

"If you let me go. I promise Nico's a dead man and dead men can't exactly carry out their threats." I spoke up. "Shut up! Shut up!" The woman growled loudly while waving the gun at me.

"Don't do it. You can't." The brunette urged. She looked around wildly. She was in a panic. Perhaps the heat of the moment got to her. "Be quiet! I have to." The other woman shouted. Fear and remorse was evident in her voice.

Both women argued for a couple more seconds while I just watched. Nico was fucked but it was clear that I underestimated the man.

I stood up off my car and held out my hand. "Please may I have my gun back. I have a man to kill." I looked at both women. The brunette stepped back but the other still had the gun pointed at me. She clicked the trigger. The sound was a deafening silence. The brunette screamed, a heart wrenching noise.

"What." The woman said with trembling lips. Her chest rose and fell heavily. I stepped forward and grabbed my gun off her. I clicked open the magazine which was empty of bullets. I showed this to the woman and clicked it back on.