Chapter 18

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
SMOKING/ALCOHOL

(Back in Enzo's Pov okay!)

I was sat again in another arduous meeting. The second one this week. It was entirely boring and unnecessarily long.

My mind kept zoning in and out because it still felt like yesterday even though it has now been almost a week since she left. Lira Qesari. Who knew that I would find the woman of my dreams and I let her go.

I just let her go.

Raphael had been avoiding me and I wouldn't blame him, I've been in a fucking foul mood lately and I couldn't help it. Nothing helped.

I've participated in two bare knuckle fights since she left, the last one I almost killed the man. I just felt so fucking disappointed in myself. How could I even accuse her of spying on me, leading me on, making me fall for her. But I did. It was in my blood after all, I couldn't just trust anyone.

I wasn't entirely sure what I felt for her but I did enjoy her company and I guess in a way I was falling for her because even the mere thought of her excited me.

And now the thought of her made me feel fucking stupid. I had to open my fucking mouth. When she broke down it made me feel so powerless. She was everything to me and hearing her talk the way she did, it did upset me.

I pushed myself into work as a way to forget, a way to numb what happened. Maybe I should have chased her and there were countless occasions where I did almost leave to see her. But I did not.

I rubbed my eyes in frustration as I listened to a man yap on about menial little problems. Raphael dealt with everything and I only intervened unless it was necessary.

My eyes landed on the tea girl who entered the room. She began to top up drinks around the table. I admired her bravery, the testosterone in the room was apparent and altogether suffocating. She reminded me of Lira and how she wasn't afraid of me, not one single bit.

I noticed Matt; a bastard of a man, look the girl up and down in a sleazy manner. He was old enough to be her father.

I stood up abruptly, scaring everyone into stark silence. They looked at me with unknown fear. I walked around the table quickly and stopped before Matt. He gulped and tried to hide it with a feeble cough. It didn't do him any favours.

"Could you please leave." I looked at the girl. She looked at me, her face gentle and naive. She left the room without hesitation. I was glad for that. I looked down at Matt, his balding head didn't help his appearance. He wore a dark grey suit, the jacket being a little oversized. His face was covered in deep set wrinkles and was completely clean shaven.

"Do you want me to fucking throw you out of the window you fucking disgusting excuse of a man." I growled at Matt uncaring for how loud I was being.

"And are you fucking thick or are you an incorrigible bastard?" I growled at another man across the table. Everyone was pissing me off. The man gulped as he tried to maintain eye contact with me.

"Enzo." Raphael stood up calmly. He looked at me expressionlessly. My eyes flickered to him before looking back down at the man. I pursed my lips and walked out of the room without another word.

No one talked back or called after me, I am sure they watched me leave unable to fathom what had just happened. I just needed a drink. Just one fucking drink.

But the moment I arrived at the bar, one drink wasn't only what I had. It was barely evening now and I guess I've turned into a drinker.

After three hours I returned home with several girls. I didn't know who they were or what I even was doing bringing them back with me.