Chapter 61

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
ALCOHOL
A DASH OF SEXY SMUT

"Admir." Isabella tested out his name. She looked at Lira. "I like Lira's name better. How old are you? I'm six. Enzo is twenty today." She smiled. I could see warmth playing in Admir's eyes. "How old do you think I look?" He asked. Isabella hummed and we all waited to hear what she thought. She looked around the room and then back at Admir. "I don't know maybe twenty." She looked at the floor and fiddled with her thumbs. Admir chuckled as did Lira. "He's an old man." Lira smiled at her.

Isabella immediately smiled and grabbed Lira's hand, looking down at her nails. Lira didn't seem to mind her boldness. "What present did you get for Enzo?" She asked and looked back at me. "Uh oh Enzo can you go away?" She asked. What the fuck?

"Let's have dinner. It's getting late." Mom spoke up. We all agreed and got seated around the dining table which was beautifully laid out by the maids. We poured in champagne into crystal glasses seeing as it was a special occasion and we ate ravioli, lamb, steak, roasted vegetables and for dessert there was of course the cake that Raf ordered. Two tiers of rich chocolate.

There were lively conversations with not a moment of silence. Everyone refrained from swearing because Isabella was here but soon the alcohol loosened some tongues. Everyone seemed to like Admir and it's like he fitted in well. "You dumb fuck." Raf laughed loudly at Mara. "Oh yeah clearly I'm the dumb one when you don't even know your left from your right." Mara chuckled back. Raf mocked her saying how he knew everything.

Mom and dad were having a conversation with Admir about people they knew and their opinions about them. "The De Lacoźa's are fucking arrogant little bitches and if I had my way they'd all be dead." Mom growled as she sipped her wine. "Alessia we can't kill every single fucking person." Dad replied although he didn't care exactly. Admir chuckled. "I agree, I dislike the man. His children are awful too...and if you ever wanted him gone." Admir smiled while running a finger across his throat. They all laughed as they found things in common including enemies.

"I've noticed you aren't drinking much."Gabrielle observed. Uncle Kaden looked at his wife and then at me. "Yeah that's strange." He narrowed his eyes. "Well Lira said not to drink loads." I shrugged my shoulders. They both looked at me with weird expressions. Isabella soon caught their attention as she blasted out fact after fact about space. I nodded at her and faked surprise when she spoke about the stars. I overheard Admir tell my parents what a good job they did with raising me and that only made me like him even more.

"What!? Nine fucking thousand euros for that? That's..roughly a million lek. Looks like shit if you don't mind me saying." Lira bemused to uncle Mariano who was showing her a painting on his phone. "Why don't you paint something for me then? Miss everything looks like shit." He grumbled back and looked to find another painting to show her. She looked at me and smiled, she was perfect.

I heard a champagne glass being tapped by a knife. The sharp sound stopped everyone talking and we all turned to look at Mara. She stood up with a smile on her face. "I have an announcement." She placed down the glass and knife. Before she could speak, mom beat her to it. "What!? You're pregnant." She laughed clearly drunk. Everyone else burst into laughter including me and it took a while for us all to calm down. Mara waited for us like a school teacher with a class full of disobedient children. "I have officially finished my training and I'm now a fully certified junior doctor." She grinned.

There were a few gasps and everyone's eyes went wide with pride. "Fucking hell. Well done. Congratulations." Were spoken to her. Everyone began to clap and she blushed at the attention. "I knew you could do it." I smiled at her. She mouthed the words thanks and Raf also congratulated her by giving her a hug.