Chapter 68

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE
REFERENCES TO RAPE
SMOKING/ALCOHOL/DRUGS
BLOOD/GORE

Liras POV 🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪 stab stab

I lay on the floor of the living room, my head being propped up with two soft pillows. The jet lag caught up with me today. Fuck. I kept my eyes closed as I rubbed my throbbing head. I was beyond tired, passing out was an option. But I didn't want to. Admir wasn't home yet, he was out for business.

"Would you like some coffee shefi? (boss)" A man spoke up, breaking the silence. I opened my eyes and looked to my right to see one of the guards I've trained staring down at me. Here I was laying on the ground, tired as fuck. The sight wasn't surprising, I pulled this shit all the time. "No thank you." I replied sounding drowsy.

"Lira." A voice called out startling me awake. I must have dozed off. I looked up at Admir with wide eyes. "Oh fuck! You scared the shit out of me." I felt my heart racing and he just looked so pleased with himself. He sat himself down onto the edge of the sofa and sighed. His hands were dropped down between his widespread legs.

"No luck I take it." I sighed knowing Admir didn't find him. "It's as if the boy doesn't exist. There's not even a body or a single trace. No one has heard anything." He rubbed his face in agitation. He was the Mafia Don of Albania and yet he couldn't find a single little boy. It must be very damaging to his ego if nothing else.

"So what do you think?" I asked him as I shuffled up to a sitting position. I looked at him, his eyes were droopy and his movements slow. He was exhausted. "If he wasn't our brother, I would say he's dead." He rubbed his palms together. "But he is. So I'm going to remain naively positive and say that he's alive and in hiding."

I stood up and placed my hands on my hips. "Now our mother, she wasn't a stupid woman. And his father, he's in a cartel. The right hand man even. So he's not stupid or at least that's what I think because surely he can't get to where he did by being stupid." I paced the room slowly while thinking out loud. "So, our brother he can't possibly be stupid. He's definitely hiding. Whoever wants to hurt him is still chasing him. We need to find out who and why." I stopped and looked across at Admir.

"The fucking bastards. When we find him, I'm going to kill every single one of them." I growled. "Yes yes of course you are. Now I'm heading to Vegas tonight and I've asked Vicenzo to help. You're staying here, keeping an eye on business." He spoke as he stood up slowly.

I glanced down and then back up at him. "Okay." I agreed. He looked at me with furrowed brows, not believing what he was hearing; his sister actually listening to him. I licked my lips and chuckled. "What!? I know I usually would have put up a fight about it. Shut up. Stop looking at me like that." I crossed my arms.

"Seems as if Vicenzo is a good influence after all." He chuckled. "Yes he is..do you want to go out to eat, before you go?" I asked. We hadn't gone out to eat for a while now, just the two of us. His lips tugged into a small smile. "We can but you can't-" He was interrupted when a guard knocked on the door and entered without being told to.

We both turned to face the guard. "Don't you know you're supposed to wait until we ask you to come in." I stared at him. "Oh shit sorry." He mumbled while rubbing his neck. "Come on, what's the news then." I smiled.

"We've found him. His father. Do you want him in the basement?" The guard spoke clearly. Admir didn't move from his spot and remained quiet. I chuckled and walked up to the guard. I placed my arm around his neck and laughed. "Ah fuck yes. Finally some good news. Did I ever tell you that you're my favourite? Well you are. Go on, tie him to a chair. He's not bruised or beaten is he?" I asked as I ruffled the boys hair. He chuckled and brushed his long brown hair back. He was only seventeen, taken in by Admir to join our Mafia when his parents died.