Chapter 50

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
SMOKING
BLOOD/DEATH/GORE

James scoffed and sucked his teeth, making a sickly salvia noise. "You're a fucking piece of dumb shit." He crossed his arms and tried to look intimidating but his short stature, God, he looked fucking hilarious. His insults were just as pathetic as he was. I pulled out my phone. "You don't mind if I take a picture of you to send to Raphael, I'd hate for him to miss out on seeing how stupid you look." I grinned. "Fuck you! Go get him." He growled and gestured for the last man to attack me.

Now this man put up a good fight. Three minutes later, I had busted his lip, given him a black eye and cut his little finger off with a butcher knife. He had managed to punch my jaw which was now sore. When he was busy spitting up blood, I picked up a small knife from the counter and concealed it behind my hand. "What a waste of talent." I tutted. "You talk too much." The man spat as he wiped his bleeding hand onto his trousers. "Fuck off." I scoffed and lunged at the man. Little did I know, he somehow got ahold of a handful of salt and tossed it at me. The salt got caught in my eyes, making me drop the knife. "Fuck!" I swore as my eyes stung, no doubt red and angry now.

He pushed me backwards and I flailed my hands to steady myself. I thought I gripped the counter but instead my left hand came into contact with the open flame of the stovetop which was left on. The flame singed my skin and I winced as I pulled my hand off the fire. "Shit." I gritted as I looked down at my red hand. I looked at the man through watery eyes and quickly picked up the knife and threw it at him before he could punch me. It impaled his shoulder, missing his head. Shit. James; seeing that he was losing, walked nearer to the exit of the kitchen.

I chuckled darkly. "When I find you James, and that's not if because I will find you. I'm going to remove your skull from your spine and send your pretty little head in nice gift box to your father. How about that?" I picked up another knife from the counter top, a longer sleeker one. James hurried out of the kitchen before I could throw it at him and I looked down at the man before me. He was on his knees, clutching his hand to his chest, breathing heavily. "If I talk to much, it's because I love the sound of my own voice." I smiled evilly at him before I stabbed him in the chest with the knife. He grunted and fell to the floor dead. I made sure the four men were all dead and my guards took care of the mess.

Fucking bastard.

I soon arrived home and cleaned myself up. My jaw was fine but my hand was bandaged. It did not matter to me. James fucking Cain has got the message now, I just pray he stays away for his sake because I won't be held responsible for killing him in cold blood.

It had now been a week and a half since my run in with that pathetic feeble minded man and I was feeling much better. I had conducted several more meetings, seen a couple of men and got drunk once.

I sat in my office, my ankles crossed atop my desk. I held my cigarette in my fingers and I leaned back. I held my phone to my ear as it rang. It was just past seven in the evening. "Hello Enzo." Lira answered. I could tell she was smiling. I made sure to call her every night. "Lira." I smiled. Hearing her voice made me realise how much I missed her. I think I needed to go and see her.

"So what have you been doing today?" She asked. I blew out a cloud of smoke and watched the smoke disappear into the air. "I interrogated a man, I beat some sense into a man and I killed-" I spoke before Lira cut me off. "Let me guess you killed a man." She chuckled. "Looks like someone's been a very naughty boy." She teased. Fuck.

"What are you wearing?" I teased back and bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. She hummed. "Maybe I'm not wearing anything at all...or maybe I'm wearing a black thong with your name on it." She said sultrily. "Prove it." I husked back. I heard her chuckle before she cut the call. Three seconds later she called me back but now she FaceTimed me.