C H A P T E R - 6 1

Marietta P.O.V

The weather was so cold because it was the start of January 2020. A new year with a new beginning. I hope and wish that this year every bad eye and fortune will stay away from me, my family, and all the people who were near me.

After last night caught up with my family, which was so dramatic than I expected. I told them a cover story about my injuries that I got into an accident and that was the reason for not being able to attend Christmas and new year's eve together.

I told them that I asked Daddy not to tell anyone about it so that you guys won't get worried for me and spoiled your Christmas. After a long questionnaire of Caro and Mom, finally, they believed me.

Then the rest of the night spent with Bre and Daddy, telling them about what happened in the crystal world. They asked about Walter and I informed them that he was helping guardians to settle the town because Annabella destroyed it in the worst way possible.

While Mr. Stupid slept in my room with me, securing his arms tightly around me as if, fearing here he loses his hold and there I would disappear again. And he had an excuse, saying this was all my fault he didn't sleep for many days, so he was gonna sleep with me now.

I chuckled at his childish reason for staying with me but didn't say anything.

This was how my night spends, giving me the warmth of the love of family that they care so much about me.

Now, I was heading to complete my last and foremost task. I had worn black jeans with a red full sleeves sweater. While my hairs were tied in a braid. But there was still something that feels missing. So after finding for a good 15 minutes, I found an elegant beaded headband in my closet and put it on my head.

"That's perfect." I looked at myself in the mirror and said. Because of wearing a crown in the crystal world for so long now, it felt incomplete, If I won't put something on my head.

I was descending the stairs when I spotted Caro sitting in the hall with a magazine in her hand and an LCD TV showing the news.

'Do it!' I texted Bre and trudged towards Caro. I stood in front of her with my arms cross in front of my chest.

"What?" She asked without casting a glance at me. I chuckled.

"Why?" I asked sternly. She looked at me with a frown.

"Look, my mood is really good because Liam will be here anytime soon and I'm going on lunch with him. So please don't spoil it." She said and rolled her eyes.

"How can you enjoy anything after spoiling so many lives?" I asked with hurt as my heart clenched with the pain. A pang of pain always hit me whenever I think about what she had done.

"What are you saying?" She glared at me.

"You know very well," I said.

"What the hell? Have you lost your mind? What nonsense are you saying? It's no more than 24 hours that you're back and you've started to disturb me already!" She yelled without any reason. And everyone gathered in the hall.

Mom, Daddy, maids, and even Liam came like a ghost and stood beside her.

"What's going on here?" He asked and I chuckled.

"You know what Caro, I still want us to be sisters. Sister bound with love and care, a soul relationship but the problem was always the same and still is. I was the only one wanting and you never wanted me by your side. You never thought of me as your sister but a rival." I said with each word dipped in sorrow.

"What are you saying, sweety?" Mom said, trying to understand what was going on.

"You're right! I never thought of you as a sister because you're not my sister. Not my biological sister. Mom and Dad found you in the forest. You're an abandoned child." She said. I felt a hard rock hit my heart as I fight back the tears.