C H A P T E R - 5 8

Walter P.O.V

I opened my eyes and found myself in my room, alone. I managed to shift in a sitting position and everything came in front of my eyes in a second.

Marie cheated and left.

She left! Alone! Damn it!

I jumped out of the bed and ran towards the meeting room. The whole castle was giving strangely empty vibes. I opened the door and the empty room stared back at me. The strange and dangerous vibes became more strong as different scenarios appeared in my mind about Marie being in trouble and Annabella doing something wrong with my friends and townspeople, in all worst ways.

I was about to move out when something caught my attention. It was a paper note pasted on the table.

I read it and it says,

Walter! 

Marie has left to find Annabella's weakness alone and we have no choice but to wait and believe her. And....trust me, I believe her. She will come back and save us. I know, she can do this. After all, she is our to be Queen.

Annabella attacked us and she is killing our innocent people. We are going to save them until Marie comes back. I don't know if we can see each other again or not but you're a nice fellow.

One more thing, when you get conscious, don't come behind us instead, try to find Princess Marie. And bring her to town as soon as possible. She is our only hope and you know that!

Warm regards,

Peter

Reading this, I ran towards the town. I didn't need to find Marie because that was her choice to go alone. Yes, I was mad at her. But deep down in my heart, I was worried to death and there was a voice saying she'll be fine.

She has to be.

When I reached the midtown, my eyes bulged out of their sockets and I forgot how to breathe. Almost all the houses were burning in fire and many people were lying injured unconscious or dead, I couldn't make it out.

A crying voice reached my ears, I followed the voice and it was coming from inside a house which was burning in fire. Using my powers Aquakinesis, I extinguished the fire and stepped inside. My nostrils filled with sick burn smelled as I began to found the source of the crying voice.

"Hello! Is somebody here?" I asked loudly covering my nose to avoid the irritating smell.

"No...please...don't hurt me." A low whisper reached my ears and I marched towards it.

It was a small house with two floors. Because of fire, everything was black and smoke was making it difficult to see anything and in addition to the worst smell.

I heard a sob very near. With again a low-light whispered saying, "Don't....hurt me. Please....."

It was a child's voice. I took more steps towards it.

"Hey! Come out. I won't hurt you. I am Walter the Guardian of this town." I said as I saw a little shadow sitting beside a window, hiding behind a messed couch.

"Do you live in the castle?" That child asked. I smiled.

"Yes, now come out," I said and thankfully she came out. Her face was slightly covered in black smoke and she had some bruises on her forehead, chin, and arm. Her cheeks were stained in tears but still, she looked so cute.