C H A P T E R - 5 7

Marietta P.O.V

A sweet fragrance was reaching my nostrils, urging me to open my eyes. My head was hurting a little but enough bearable to open my eyes.

Wait... Sweet fragrance...

I opened my eyes and when I looked at my surroundings, my eyes were almost bulged out of their sockets.

"Where am I?" I whispered to myself.

I was sitting on a bench under a Yoshino Cherry tree. No better to say that I was occupied in Yoshino trees. Everywhere around me were trees and the sweet fragrance was coming out from them. White and paled pink petals were falling with the breeze and it made the whole scene so mesmerizing.

"It's beautiful. Isn't it?" I snapped my head towards the direction of the voice beside me.

"Where I am? Who are you?" I asked her and she smiled at me.

She was wearing a pink and white long skirt with a golden scarf around her neck. Her white and golden hairs were tied in a loose pony and her eyes were shining like a sparkling sun.

The memory of that night when everything started appeared in front of my eyes. When everything messed up. When I entered an unknown life of me.

"I wish you rule on 2 worlds. I wish you become the Queen of 2 worlds." She repeated those words and my heart skip a beat.

"You know everything from the start, right?" I said, looking at her shiny eyes.

"When you know everything then why aren't you taking the first step?" She questioned me instead of answering.

The breeze blew, making the petals dance at the rhythm of the wind.

"What?" I asked her confused.

"You know where to go, you know how to go, you know what is it, you know how to get it. Then... Why aren't you taking it?" She said and all words felt foreign to me.

"What are you saying?" I said almost frustrated.

"Do you know, what is the most important thing in doing something important?" She asked as the wind caressed my cheeks. Flower petals fell like rain.

"Hmmm... Its decision making?" I said.

"The moment when we decide that now we are going to make it and change everything. Like when you promise to yourself that this time you're gonna earn it. Because the moment when you decide something... it changes everything." I added.

That was something I learned from my life. Because of the moment when I decided that I was going to find my brother's murderer, the real culprit, everything changed. The moment I decided to be a princess of the crystal world to save them from Annabella, everything changed.

I changed.

Things around me changed.

And this is life, change is life, nothing remains the same forever, everything and everyone changes one day. That's why I change...

"Decisions and changes are both connected and very important too. But I'm asking about the most important thing and that is a step." She smiled.

"Many people decide a thousand of things every day but only a few can do it. Do you know who they are?" She asked, looking at me with her warm smile and shining eyes.

I didn't say anything, I just looked at her. She smiled.

"The one who not only decide but also take step towards it. A first step then another then followed by many steps. A first step is the most important thing to do." She said.