C H A P T E R - 1 3

Marietta P.O.V

I was looking outside the window, where everything was moving but my mind, stuck at a point. Why was I feeling weird? As if, something big was about to come. As if, my sixth sense was warning me of something.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the headrest. I tried to again visualize that dream. Such a black atmosphere with a boxing ring and those dark blue eyes, even visualizing them was sending a shiver down my spine. But it was just a dream. That guy with dark blue eyes surely had nothing to do with me.

'I'm just overthinking.' I tried to convince myself.

"What are you thinking?" Veward asked, looking at me with concern.

We were driving towards that one-way highway where that accident happened and had stolen my siblings. Veward said he found something there and he wanted to show it to me.

"Nothing, just some random thoughts." I said, assuring him with a small smile. He nodded but I knew he wasn't convinced but chose not to ask further.

In five minutes, we were standing in the middle of a long road. It was a one-way path, a shortcut to our countryside mansion. On both sides of the road were tall trees. Sun was shining on top of us and its rays were radiating the leaves of the tree. Birds were chirping at a distance and the slow breeze was blowing, making the atmosphere so relaxing.

One could forget all worries here if you just close your eyes for a moment and feel the beauty of nature.

"So, what did you find?" I asked, looking back at Veward. He looked around skeptically and walked forward. Stopping near at a corner of the road, he pointed at a spot.

"Look!"

I angled my head in the direction and my brows creased when I saw a camera pole. What was so important in a camera pole? It was a highway and there was supposed to be a camera here.

"Veward, it's a highway, and having a camera here is a normal thing. What's so suspicious in it?" I asked, tilting my head and raising my brows.

"As far as I remember someone told me this place doesn't have any camera." He said lost in some deep thoughts.

"And having a pole without any camera. Isn't it strange?" He asked and stepped towards that long iron stick also known as a camera pole or camera stand.

"But... Why cops didn't find anything suspicious here?" I asked, stepping towards him. He jerked that pole a little bit hard and it landed on the ground with a loud thud. We both looked at each other not really confused.

"Someone must have plugged it out after the accident or maybe placed it back again yesterday. Because when I came here to visit I saw it here and the cops didn't find anything. Probably it was not here when they were searching." He said, eyeing the pole like a cop and explaining in detail.

My heartbeat quickened with the thought that someone did so much effort just to kill us. Why? Why did someone want to kill us? What we had ever done to him or her?

"Did it mean there was a camera present at accident time?" I asked, looking at him with wide eyes.

"And there is still a way to get the footage," Veward said, smirking.

'Isn't he smirking too much these days?'

"Control room!" We both said at the same time and marched towards his car.

Why that person would plug that pole again? Was he stupid enough because in this way, we could find him, and then he would be imprisoned? Was he mad? Or Was he.....was he......Oh My God!!!