C H A P T E R - 2 8

Marietta P.O.V

I parked the car and entered the club. As soon as I came inside, loud music hit my ears with the smell of alcohol. People were dancing on the floor. Loud music enough to make you deaf, effects of light, the smell of alcohol and sweat bodies. Everything greeting me.

I didn't have to found my friends because I knew where to find them. I looked and as always they were sitting in the VIP area. I trudged towards them, "Hey!"

They both looked at me. "Uh-ho! Someone is gonna burn many hearts tonight." Bre winked. I chuckled at his remark.

Veward looked at me from head to toe, assessing my outfits and me, then passed me a smirk and again focused his gaze on the dance floor. Idiot!

Couldn't he say something nice? Wait...why the hell I need his words? I rolled my eyes and sat down with them. Veward passed me a drink and winked.

"What?" I asked annoyed.

"Nothing." He grinned.

I looked at Bre and he was busy peeking at the whole surrounding like a prey looking for a predator. We often came here and the Red Rose club was the biggest nightclub in the whole city. And my favorite one too. I liked to come here often but because of so many other issues, we hardly got time to come here.

"Did you lost something?" Veward asked Bre. Who did not bother to divert his attention from the floor and answered, "Yeah!"

"What?" I asked.

He looked at us and snickered, "A partner. You two have each other and I don't have anyone so I'm trying to find one. Besides, I hate becoming a third wheel."

"Great! You are quite intelligent. Hurry up and find a one soon and get lost." Veward smirked.

"Sure thing." Bre winked.

"Shut up both of you..." I said. Boys could never change, assholes. Giving high-five, they both burst into laughter. I just rolled my eyes at them.

"Cheers to finding a partner!" Bre held his drink up.

"Cheers to kicking you out!" Veward winked.

"Cheers to two jerks sitting beside me!" I rolled my eyes at them. They both laughed at my comment.

We three gulped the liquor down. As soon as the sour liquor slid down my throat a shiver ran down my whole body.

"Isn't it Darren?" Bre asked, pointing at a person standing near the bar counter. When he turned around and he noticed us.

"Darren as in that businessman?" Veward asked while Darren walked towards us with a glass of wine in his hand. I nodded at Veward.

"Hi! What's up?" Darren asked in a really friendly tone. He was looking handsome as always with his blue jeans, a black V-neck shirt, making his muscular built prominent under the thin fiber, and brown messy hair.

Bre replied, "Good evening! Nothing sir. Just some friendly time. Wanna join us?"

"Hey man! You can call me Darren. Inside the office, I'm your sir but outside I'm your friend, am I?" Darren said with a smile.

"Sure." Bre replied with a smile.

"You're looking stunning, Marie." He diverted his attention to me and said with a smile.

"Thank you, Darren." I smiled back, doing an attempt to make a particular person jealous.

But on a serious note, even Darren complimented me. Why the hell he didn't say anything? Stupid me, why the hell I even want his damn compliment?