C H A P T E R - 5 3

Marietta P.O.V

The atmosphere was silent just like the climate. The plain dark sky with some stars. We were sitting on a round table with eatables in front of us and a candle stood in the center, lightning up the phenomenon dimly.

He arranged a decent dinner on the roof of that building with decent and simple decor. I admired it only if the circumstances were different.

His dark-deep blue eyes were boring holes in me and the rest of the creepy task accomplished by his smirk. His coat was placed on the chair and his shirt sleeves were folded revealing his creepy tattoo. The tattoo of a skull enclosed with a snake.

What an idiot I am!

We were finding this person everywhere and he happened to be just one step away. I wanted to know about the reason behind his deed that explained why I was sitting with a killer on the same table.

"Come on! Eat something or else I will think, my preparations are useless." He said with so much innocence that my mind started to spin.

"Actually, you're useless," I stated without any expression.

"Right! Just like you. But........" He stopped and caressed his sharp jaw with his finger and leaned forward on the table then added, "You are more mysterious than me."

"I mean look......I'm present at that scene....on accident night but you disappeared just before my truck hit that car. How?" He said, moving back and sipped his wine.

"It seems like everyone is only interested in knowing about my disappearance." I sadly chuckled and sip my wine, its sharp taste burned my taste buds. Bre words started to echo in my mind along with Caro phrases.

"Of course, it's creepy." He shrugged.

"I'm sitting with you and having a glass of wine, nothing is more creepy than this," I said, pointing at the wine glass in my hand and then again took a sip.

"What about adding some more creepiness in it?" He asked and stood up. I looked at him confused while my whole appearance was screaming at me to finish him. But I wanted to know the names of the other two. Masked savior said that they were three......

"Let's have a last dance together. Can we?" His deep voice put me out of my trance and I looked at him. He kneeled beside me and asking to dance like a real gentleman. He had already played slow music on his phone and settled it on the table already.

"Do I have a choice?" I took his hand and stood up. He slid his other hand on my waist, moving me closer and giving the worst chill ever on my skin. While unwanted but still I placed my other hand on his shoulder.

We started to dance slowly on the rhythm with silence when I broke it, "Why you did all this?" I looked straight at his face which showed no sign of regret.

"Hold on! Do you want to ask everything right now? Don't spoil my dinner at least along with my mood." He smiled but then I started to feel a little dizzy, like everything around me, suddenly started to dance. I stopped and looked at him. I saw three Darren faces at a time which spoke in a really heavy voice, "Sleep tight!"

"W...wh.....what......y.you......d..d..di....." Before I could make my sentence properly, I felt darkness enrolled me.

I was running again. My breath was harsh and sweat drops were traveling on my body. My body was trembling with the lack of oxygen and fear. An unknown terror, which was haunting me, which was telling me that I couldn't escape that darkness? No matter how fast I ran!

I stopped to catch a breath when my mind suddenly spins and I fell to the ground. The cold ground felt like ice. I traced my hands in the darkness to find something that could help me in standing again. Because I need to ran.