C H A P T E R - 5 0

Marietta P.O.V

"Please..." Veward again said and Walter nodded smilingly. Did he read his mind? I wanted to read but couldn't find the courage to do so I decided to wait and see what will happen. Veward grabbed my hand with a smile on his lips and started to walked inside the forest.

As we stepped inside the forest, the fragrance of moist mud reached my nostrils. Our steps were making the sound of crack dry leaves and it was pleasant to hear. The night sky was full of stars and the cold weather with the light freezing blow, making it more beautiful and my all senses were wondering together what was he going to do.

He stopped and looked around suspiciously. I looked around to acknowledged the forest that it was the forest where Mom had found me. There was supposed to be a lake in the middle of it. I again looked at him and he was looking at me.

"What? Don't tell me you forget where are we going?" I asked and he laughed.

"Don't worry. I'm not that much dumb." He said with a cute smile and I laughed. He was smiling too broadly. As much as I knew him when he does something fishy he always smiled like that.

"This way." He pointed towards where some dim lights were coming. I followed the direction of lights along with him. We walked almost 3 minutes more following the direction of the light and suddenly, I stopped with wide eyes. My heart started to pound so fast.

I gasped at the view in front of me. There were lights and lamps, decorating and illuminating the scene, hanging down the tree in a beautiful style. As if, that tree was only made for this decoration. Just beneath the tree, a cloth had been placed neatly on the grassy ground and around it, there were so many candles that lighted up the phenomenon.

Besides these all decorations, the lake was shining like all the stars of the sky had secured its shine. It was giving the whole scene a peaceful, beautiful, and romantic feeling.

"Oh my God!" These words escaped my mouth followed by my hands to mouth, stopping it from saying anything further in praising the beautiful view

"Oh my God!" These words escaped my mouth followed by my hands to mouth, stopping it from saying anything further in praising the beautiful view. My all sleep had already vanished and the feeling of fatigue had been replaced with the feeling of enthusiasm. I turned around to found Veward was nowhere. But he was walking behind me. Where did he go?

I turned back again towards the decoration and my heart skipped a beat and my breath stuck somewhere inside my lungs.

Am I Dreaming?

Veward had kneeled over one knee in a proposing manner in the center of the cloth and his head was bowed. I froze at my spot unable to have any reaction. I was shocked, surprised, stunned, and astonished. I couldn't find any perfect word to describe my state. It was something I hadn't excepted.

He lifted his head and looked directly into my eyes with his ocean blue eyes and a delicious shiver ran down my spine. His face was glowing in the lights and there was a cute smile playing on his lips. His one hand was resting on his folded lap and the other one was behind his back.