14. Vintage

It had been a week since she arrived at Jujutsu Tech and she had too much free time on her hands.

While they were attending regular classes, which was 4 times a week, she usually went sight seeing Tokyo.

She used this free time to retrieve her clothes from her motel room and also enjoy some tourist time.

This time she decided to finally go to the cinema, who happened to project one of her favourite vintage movies. She had seen this movie 4 times already, but she continued to love it.

She bought her ticket and sat in the empty theatre, ugh finally some peace. She took a selfie of herself at the empty cinema and sent it to the others, even if they probably couldn't reply because they were attending classes.

After she sent the picture she stopped to look at it and actually saw a boy in the back of the theatre.

Did someone actually like this movie?!

She wanted to approach him, what could she say, Shinzo needed to rant about it to someone.

Thus, she plopped to the sit next to the poor boy, who got startled.

"I'm sorry to come and crush you're relax time, but are you a vintage movie lover?" she asked hoping she didn't come out as too pushy.

"I-I happen to collect t-them." he looked like he thought she would punch him, but she could feel a ray of hope in his voice.

"That's so coool! I always wanted to collect them, but I only own one copy of this same movie." she excitedly answered while gesturing to the movie they were waiting to start.

"Have you watched the whole saga?" she continued, hoping to have finally found a fellow geek.

"I have all the saga collection! My favorite is the third movie, what about you?" he finally seemed to open up, he still seemed a little bit weary, but definitely brightened up.

"Ehhh? The third? I think the second one is on another league! The way the main character goes through his mourning after Rose's death it's simply amazing!" she debated, looking at him intensely.

"Yes you're right, but in the third movie when Rose's ghost comes back to hunts him, the actor of the main character portrays both dread and relief in a simply wonderful way!" he argued critically, but truly enjoyed the conversation.

They continued ranting about old movies until the movie started. They quieted down and occasionally exchanged a comment or two about what was going on in the film.

When the movie ended, they got up and exited the movie theatre while chatting about really specific details regarding the film.

"By the way, I really never introduced myslef...I'm Kurosaki Shinzo, what about you?" she grinned extending her right hand.

"My name's Yoshino Junpei, it was fun talking to you about movies." he answered while grabbing her hand to shake it, such a western way to introduce herself.

"We should do this again Junpei, next week they are going to project the Undead saga!" she suggested.

She finally found someone that didn't hate those movies, Sukuna always ended up dozing off and when she ranted about them he only grew annoyed.

"Here give me your phone, so I can add my number." Junpei extended his hand, so that she would handle him her phone.

"Here you go." Shinzo unlocked her phone and placed it in his hand.

He quickly typed in his number and sent himself a text.

They ended up walking together to the station, talking about themselves.