18. Kyoto High

Those days after she made that agreement with Gojo were the worst since she still had to lie to Megumi's and Nobara's face.

"Shinzo you always look distracted, are you thinking about your boyfriend?" Nobara brought Shinzo out of her thoughts making her spit out the water she was currently drinking.

"I do not have a boyfriend, why would you even assume that?" she tried to answer calmly.

"Usually people who always look distracted are said to be thinking about their sweet half." she teased her poking Shinzo in the ribs.

The raven haired woman glared at Nobara with annoyance and angrily grabbed a wooden staff from the ground.

She stomped back having forgotten her water bottle and continued to glare at Nobara as the girl smirked at her.

"Tuna." this comment came from Inumaki, a second year she met some days ago.

She met the three of them and quickly learned that they were as quirky as her own classmates.  There was literally a fucking talking panda among them and no one even gave her an explanation.

The three of them were currently training with the second years to prepare for the sister school exchange program.

When she was paired up against Gojo in that one sparring session she thought she sucked, but seeing Maki practice with weapons made her feel like a toddler with a stick in her hands.

Since her little encounter with that special grade curse Shinzo felt like she needed to take some counter measure regarding close range fights.

She could only do so much as a medium ranged sorcerer and foes quickly figured out what her weakness was.

Thus she decided she needed to improve her katana skills, but Maki was against the use of a katana.

The girl wearing glasses thought that she should focus her training on a wakizashi, a shorter katana you could say.

Since she wasn't used to carry around long weapons and swing them with the proper tempo a stealthy weapon was the best match for her.

When enemies would think they'd finally found her weak point she would bring out her wakizashi and hit them when they least expect it.

Yeah a fire proof plan, if it wasn't that she was on the non-athletic side, she grew up watching tv shows and movies. No way she was gonna be a fast learner.

"Alright Shinzo, now try to hit Panda." Maki instructed from the side as she did her stretching routine.

Yes, hit the panda, she'd been trying to hit him for a week now. This was stupid he was a big target how the hell did she manage to miss the huge target?

"Come at me!" he told her while taking a fighting stance.

She would hit him for sure this time damn it.

She jumped upwards hoping to take him by surprise, but he dodged even being as heavy as he was.

She quickly rolled to the ground and got up trying to take a swing at him, but they heard a crashing sound coming from where the vending machine were.

The four of them stopped and looked at each other.

"Who went over there?" she clicked her tongue having a vague idea of what could have happened.

Maybe Fushiguro finally snapped and punched Gojo's face. She hoped so.

"Megumi and Nobara they went there to buy a fresh drink." Maki answered with a frown.