22. Stress test

Ijichi wasn't happy, in fact he was stressed.

Itadori just informed him that he was going to have dinner at Yoshino Junpei's home.

It was going to be fine, even if Yoshino was involved in this incident as a perpetrator and attacked Itadori-kun, the pink haired boy was capable enough to handle him.

However this was a huge blunder on his part as a supervisor.

'As blithe as Gojo-san is, he might not mind, but if the adult-of-adults, Nanami-san, chews me out...I'll probably cry!' he concluded his thoughts and started the car to reach the location Itadori sent him.

But a call prevented him from starting the car, it was Kurosaki-san. He was not going to cry he was too old to cry.

He had only known her for about two months, so not much time. However she could be worse then Nanami-san chewing him out.

"Hello Ijichi-san. Do you mind coming to pick us up?"her voice was strangely level headed from the other side of the call.

"N-Not at all! How did your mission go?" If they didn't discover about Itadori's absence then there was nothing to get scared of.

"Ehh, fine enough, nothing to be happy of or be sad of. Luckily we didn't get any injuries, only a bit of an injured wrist. What about you and Itadori?" she asked while playing with her hairs as she waited for Nanami to exit the men's bathroom.

"What about I-itadori-kun?" he jumped at the sudden mention of the boy who currently wasn't there.

"Did you hit your head? I asked about your mission with that supposed culprit, what was his name again?" she questioned, Shinzo was quite sure that nobody told her the target's name.

"His name is Yo-" he was interrupted by Shinzo.

"Wait a minute Ijichi-san, I've got another call on the line..." he was saved by a deus ex machina, today wasn't that bad after all.

Shinzo muted her call with Ijichi and answered a call from Itadori.

Why was Itadori calling her if he was supposed to be with Ijichi?

"Hi, what's up? I thought you were with Ijichi why are you calling me while he's calling me too?" she answered, she started to get suspicious.

"Didn't he tell you? We got separated earlier on the task and now I'm with Junpei!" she went from angry to disappointed and then she settled on confused.

"Junpei? Like Yoshino Junpei?" she blurted out as Nanami exited the bathroom and looked at her raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I'm at his home right now, his mom says hi." he continued cheerfully as she could hear background noise.

"How do you know him?" she really couldn't connect the points.

"You know, because of the mission, he was the person that I was supposed to follow and then we handed up discovering we have a mutual friend, which is you!" he continued his explanation a bit taken aback by her lack of knowledge about this part of the mission.

"Are you telling me that he was the supposed culprit and I didn't know anything about it?!" she continued raising a bit her tone of voice and praying that Itadori was not on speakerphone.

Nanami gave her a scolding look, making the woman lower her tone of voice.

"Yes, but he didn't do anything." Itadori replied, making Shinzo let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay now I'm putting on speakerphone, say hi to the others, Shinzo." he started using her first name, she didn't mind, probably hearing Junpei, his mother (and Sukuna too) referring to her with her first name, conditioned him.