20. Sewer Rat

A few days had passed since they discovered those transmuted humans and they were still searching for the culprit.

In the meantime she finally got a call from Junpei, she was dead worried.

"Junpei! I thought someone ate you, you made me worry!" she hastily answered the phone call.

"Ah Shinzo don't worry I-I had this problem, but I solved it now."he sounded like he was lying.

"You sure? I'll be there in no time." she inquired as she felt a weird sound in the back of the call.

"Yeah, yeah, you really became like a worrying older sister didn't you?" he chuckled and now she was a bit relieved. In the last few days he looked pretty gloomy and avoided school more often.

"That's not true! I happen to have a heart you know?" she answered faking offence.

"Sorry I tend to forget about that with how you have a tendency to heartlessly eat all of my snacks." Junpei replied, his line sounded a bit buzzy, he sounded like he was underground, maybe he was waiting at the station.

"Alright I might be a bottomless hole sometimes, BUT that doesn't mean I'm heartless most of the time!"

"You're far from heartless Shinzo..." he heard him mutter from the other side of the call. This was weird he suddenly became all serious.

"Anyways, are you still up for that movie on friday?" the black haired boy continued probably didn't realising he said the last sentence out loud.

"Of course! I'll show you why this movie is the best, you greenhorn!" Shinzo debated playfully hoping to brighten up his mood.

"Kurosaki-san can you come here for a bit?" Junpei heard another voice coming up from Shinzo's line.

She nodded at the blond and resumed talking to Junpei.

"Sorry, the boss's calling you know how he gets." another lie yes, but she couldn't tell him about her true job she would think that she was some crazy person.

"Yes, now go back to work I don't won't to be the cause of your scolding. See you!" he replied, Junpei thought she had a really demanding job for being a simple part time, her colleagues and her boss always called her at different times of the day. Poor girl she had no chill.

"See you Friday then, I'll bring McDonald's!" she concluded the call and approached Nanami and the others who already began discussing about following someone who she didn't get the name or picture because she was on the phone.

"So what's the situation?" she said putting her hands on the table.

"Me and Itadori-kun will question this guy that happened to be at the theatre that same day and see if he can see cursed spirits." Ijichi started.

"You and me are gonna hunt for the curse with the soul manipulation technique. We still don't know about his precise location, but we know it to some extent." Nanami gestured towards the two of them.

She gave him an hum of acknowledgment.

"Alright let's go!" Itadori as energetic as ever headed out of the class followed by an anxious Ijichi.

Nanami currently leaned his back to the black board and looked thoughtful.

She heard someone coming back for them.

"You already know the location of the cursed spirit don't you? And not just to some extent."yes Ijichi had a point, she was positive by the ache in her back that her along with Nanami had been scouting for this curse for the last two days.