23. Tragic Irony

(A/N: okay trigger warning guys, slight suicidal thoughts in here, so if you're not comfortable with it I've warned you.

Also in this and next chapter I will be trying to use Jujutsu Kaisen OSTs as fights and important moment happens, so if you read them while listening to them you'll get more in the mood.)

She took a taxi to reach the area that the mission was supposed to be at, she almost forgot to pay the driver as she exited the car.

A veil was already spread around the school.

'Please, let me be in time, let me be in time' she repeated like a mantra as she hurried towards where the commotion was.

People where screaming and she was trying to not get carried away by the panicking crowd.

Once she passed the crowd, the raven haired woman reached a corridor and saw two people and a purple cursed spirit.

Maybe two cursed spirit, since one of the people happened to be Mahito.

Her eyes zeroed on the long haired man then on Itadori who was currently struggling with the violet curse.

First she needed to help the pink haired boy then she could slaughter the rat.

She ran towards the curse and Itadori noticed her, she could hear both Mahito and Sukuna laugh.

"SHINZO WAIT-" Itadori's warning came too late as with a swing of her hand a spike erupted from the violet curse's shadow and pierced through his abdomen.

He stopped trying to hurt Itadori and fell limp on the ground.

"Thank you." the cursed spirit managed to say.

She looked at the curse on the ground that wasn't disappearing, then she looked at Itadori's horrified face, then at Mahito's laughter and she noticed that Sukuna stopped laughing.

"What's going on?" her gaze shifted to what she now was identifying as a mutated human being.

A mutated human being with black hair and a kind voice.

"That was so funny, you should take a look at your face!" Mahito continued while wiping a tear from under his eye and holding his stomach from laughter, she still didn't catch on, or probably didn't want to.

"Yuuji, w-who was this?" she said reaching for the corpse, her eyes weren't really looking at anything.

Yuuji hesitated he couldn't find it in himself to tell her.

"YUUJI WHO WAS THIS?" she yelled as she began crying and Yuuji flinched as he could hear the grief in her voice, she already knew who she just killed.

"No need to yell Grimoire, this was Yoshino Junpei." Mahito confirmed her most dreadful thought.

He continued to cackle and her knees gave up she hugged Junpei's lifeless body.

"It's fine I-I can summon him back..." she tried to reassure herself, it was going to be difficult, but she could try she-

"You can't summon back someone that died with his soul manipulated like that." the special grade added, clearly basking in every negative emotion that the two sorcerer where currently emanating.

"No I-" her voice cracked, but Mahito interrupted her.

"You needed to hear him talk about you..." the patchwork started talking, she didn't want to hear it, but couldn't stop herself from listening to him.