16. Tears and Blood

Unfortunately, Ijichi had driven quite a bit before she was able to get out of the car.

Thus she found herself running towards the detention facility once again, she needed to get there and fast.

Shinzo had a really bad feeling about all of this situation.

When she finally reached the facility, she saw Fushiguro's snake Shikigami being destroyed by something.

She squinted her eyes to have a better look at it, that something, actually someone, happened to be Sukuna.

She started running faster towards the clash, why wasn't Itadori coming back?

They were too far away, Sukuna proceed to hurl Fushiguro at high speed and then hitting him.

Shinzo needed to move from shadow to shadow or she was never gonna reach them.

She only used this technique once and after she used it she puked, but right now she needed to use it.

She slipped through the shadows and reappeared on the building's roof were Fushiguro had landed, of course she puked again, but didn't have the luxury to recover from it.

She saw Sukuna approach the poor boy in an ominous way, then she decided to jump.

She wrapped her right leg in shadows to make a better impact while she aimed this kick to Sukuna.

"Think fast!" she yelled at him to advert his attention away from Fushiguro.

His four eyes widened and he hesitated, making Shinzo's kick successfully hit, however he got a hold of Shinzo's ankle and swinged her away.

"What are you doing here?!" Fushiguro asked what Sukuna wanted to ask, what the fuck was she doing here.

"Saving your edgy ass!" she said getting up from the rubble of the building she came crushing on.

"Fushiguro!" she said taking a leap of faith from her spot, luckily Fushiguro had pretty nice reflexes because a Nue came to her rescue.

She had a better view from her position securing her view to Sukuna's shadow.

"Now attack!" she said as the curse jumped to hit her, he was awfully silent.

She let herself fall, since she was reasonably close to the ground this time. The Nue was trying to hit an unbothered Sukuna who then felt a tug to his soul, Shinzo's technique.

However he broke free in no time, launching himself at her, this time not to save her, but to attack her.

He was chocking her with his big hands, his claws leaving a mark on her pale skin.

"What did I say about defying me, woman?" he growled through his teeth while he straddled her.

"What did you do to him?!" she couldn't care less about his control freak problem when a bleeding hole rested on Itadori's chest.

She struggled against his death grip only succeeding in hurting herself further.

"Sacred treasure swing and ring, ring -Eight Grip-..." Fushiguro which was running thin on cursed energy fuel started to chant, but then looked like he had a change of mind.

Sukuna's eyes widened and he grinned...that technique, he could use it.

Effectively catching the demon's attention who peeled himself from her, leaving the necromancer to cough and gasp trying to breath again.

"Just so you know, I...don't have any logical reason to save you back then." the cursed energy building up inside him halted.

"I did have my reservations, but ultimately it was for selfish, emotional reasons." he added.

"I'm a jujutsu sorcerer. So I've never once regretted saving you." he finished his sentence giving a small smile hoping that his words would reach Itadori.

"You've put more thoughts into this than I have." the pink haired boy was back and scratched his head.

Tattoos disappeared from the boy's body and blood came spilling out of his chest.

"Oh sorry, I'm almost done for..." he said as he fell to the ground.

'' No, no no, no' she couldn't loose someone else again. She found herself thinking who she didn't want to loose, Itadori or Sukuna?

She leaped to catch the boy's body, smearing her school uniform with blood, she tried to apply pressure to the wound.

"It's useless Kurosaki...Sukuna ripped his heart off." those words hit her like a tone of brick.

She understood that there was no bringing him back, even for a necromancer such as her, she lacked the ability to do so.

However she kept trying to stop the blood from pouring out of the boy's chest.

"N-no we can bring them back..." she caught herself saying them, but she didn't mind.

Fushiguro's eyes widened a bit on that one piece of sentence. Then he squatted next to her, trying to peel her off Itadori's lifeless body.

"K-Kurosaki...he's gone." he didn't trust himself to speak any further as his voice trembled.

She finally realised what those words meant, she lost two other people, they were gone. HE was gone.

The woman then let out a scream of grief as she shut her eyes.

She started sobbing and gripped tightly on Fushiguro's shirt, smearing him with tears and blood.

She heard Fushiguro let out a whimper, he was holding back his tears and if Shinzo would have looked at him, she would have seen puffy eyes and a trembling lower lip.

She didn't know for how long they stayed there, she only knew that at some point some jujutsu sorcerer came to retrieve them.

Someone, a woman with long brown hair, wrapped a towel around her and proceeded to examine her for any deadly wounds.

She had a minor head wound, dangerously low cursed energy and Sukuna's claws printed on her neck.

When she saw that wound she started crying again, last time she would have seen him it was like this. The both of them trying to kill each other.

Then Itadori's cheery and goofy attitude came to her mind and she let out a sob.

The doctor who was patching her, tried to console her, while she wrapped her neck wound in bandages.

Then numbness again.