Chapter 28

They took their seats at the table the maitre de led them too then quickly made their selections from the menu which he noted down ant disappeared to place their food order.

Allie felt uncomfortable, she was already behind in her mental timetabling for the day. Now she felt as if everything was going to be a rush. She glanced at her watch and noticed it was almost three. There was no way she was going to be back at the hotel in time to go to the venue with the guys and Bea. She had wanted to change into less formal clothes than what she was wearing for this business meeting with Daniel. All her plans would have to be adjusted, and that was something she wasn't pleased about. All this on top of her being distracted by Howard. He was all that she wanted to think about, plan her apology and then carry it out as soon as she could. The last thing she wanted to do was to spend time with Daniel now.

She was roused from her thoughts by the realisation that he was talking to her, her hand covered by his across the table.

Allie looked at Daniel's hand over the table. Raising her eyebrow, she looked pointedly at it.

"What's this in aid of then?" she asked him as she withdrew her hand from beneath his.

"Just trying to be friendly," he smiled at her, realising that it had maybe not been a good idea. "You looked miles away, is there something on your mind?"

"This is a business meeting, not one between friends," she told him coldly. "And nothing is wrong thank you."

"I'm sorry. My mistake, I was just trying to be supportive. I thought that maybe you and Howard.....,"

"I told you that there is nothing wrong, and me and Howard are fine," she cut in abruptly. "Even if there was something, it is none of your concern. Can we just keep to the purpose of this lunch and that's to confirm that I will be in Amsterdam on Sunday evening to be joined by you and the girls the following day. Did you get the hotel mix up sorted out for me?" she asked him as their food arrived.

"Yes I sorted everything out and you'll be able to check in on Sunday evening with no problems now," Daniel reassured her.

"I hope so Daniel," said Allie icily, "I must admit I was disappointed with your organisational abilities when I heard of the problems you were having. I hope that there won't be any more on the rest of the tour. You know that I will have to go back to London for a couple of days each week throughout? I have other groups to oversee as well as yours. I don't want any more problems cropping up for us."

"There won't be any more, I can assure you of that" Daniel knew that he would have to have everything running like clockwork for the rest of the time she was working with him. He wanted to make as good an impression as possible. He really admired Allie in more ways than one.

By the time she left the restaurant, Allie had been reassured that everything that could be finalised had been so. Now all she had to do was to get across town to the venue.

Leaving Daniel at the restaurant she went back to the hotel to change before turning out once more and being driven to the Cricket Ground. She went to the office and looked through her emails and messages that Bea had put on her desk. It being Sunday, there was no mail for her. Satisfied that she had taken care of everything, she made her way backstage and took up her usual position in the wings. It was too late to try to speak to Howard. He would be under the stage with the others preparing to go across to the B stage for the start of the show.

"Mind if we join you here?" asked Shauna as she and Elise appeared at her side. "This seems like the best place to watch them!"

"Yes I claimed this spot early on in the tour," Allie replied as she moved along slightly to let them stand with her. "You get to see everything without being in the way at the same time."