Chapter 50

Well this is it, the final part! When I first started posting it there wasn't an ending so it's a personal target met by me to finish it.Just want to thank you all for reading, leaving me feedback and voting for this story. It is appreciated so much. Thank you for staying with it to the very end.

Epilogue

2020

"I still can't believe that they've done it," said Howard as he took a drink of his champagne.

"You aren't the only one," Allie agreed with him. "But they have!"

"Must have been our example," Howard grinned, planting a kiss on her cheek. "They wanted some of it too!"

"Er, can I just point out that we aren't married," Allie replied.

"I know but we're as good as," Howard countered. "I mean, it's been over ten years now. You must feel married like I do, especially with the kids coming along!"

Allie smiled and looked over to where their son and daughters were playing with Gary and Cassie's children. They all got on so well together. Their twin girls Ella and Emmie had been bridesmaids for their uncle's wedding that day and looked beautiful in their cream dresses with blue sashes. Paul their son had been a page boy, so smart in blue shorts and shirt. He was tall like his Dad and had just turned nine years old. He and Gary and Cassie's oldest son were thick as thieves, always seeking each other out at any get togethers the band had.

"I must say all this is really nice," remarked Jason as he wandered over with his wife Shauna. He stood, looking around smiling at his friends as Allie helped Shauna find a seat to rest. She only had another couple of weeks to her due date and was finding the warm weather difficult to cope with. Jason made sure she was comfortable with a large drink of iced water before sitting down himself at the table.

"I'll be glad when this is over," sighed Shauna as she nodded towards her large bump. "I'll be able to get comfy in bed at night and sleep!"

"Wouldn't count on that," grinned Howard. "Has no one told you that you say goodbye to sleep for at least five years when you have a baby?"

"That's ok, he'll be doing the night feeds as he doesn't sleep much," retorted Shauna. "One advantage of being married to an insomniac!"

"She's cruel, isn't she?" laughed Jason. "I can't wait!"

"He'll soon change his tune," laughed Gary as he and Cassie joined them. "Can't remember the last time we were allowed to sleep past seven in the morning. Half past is a lie in for us now, isn't it love?" he looked at Cassie for agreement.

Cassie nodded, their two were always up early in the mornings, had been since being born seven and nine years ago. They loved being parents to their son and daughter, life was so interesting if not more tiring since they'd joined the family.

"Here comes trouble," grinned Gary as their eldest Tom, joined them.

"Is it ok if Paul comes for a sleepover this weekend?" Tom wanted to know. "And can we go to the cinemas to see Avengers Endgame?" Paul was eagerly nodding behind him at his friend's suggestion.

"I don't know about that," said Allie, glancing towards Howard for support, "It's a bit old for you."

"Aww Muuum," groaned Paul. "It'll be a change from Harry Potter!"

"Your Mum's right," agreed Howard. "You'll have to think of something else."

The two boys trudged off, frowning "It's not fair," one of them complained "We can do nothing good!"