Twelve

I was helping Nonna make breakfast while Fallon was sat on the stool drinking a coffee

"Mercedes, you should take Fallon down to the cove later," Nonna said.

"The Cove?" Fallon asked.

"It's a set of beautiful waterfalls in a secluded area of the beach," Nonna said.

"Nonna, do you know what people do down at the cove?" I asked.

"I do. I know you two've done what they do at the cove as well." Nonna said. Fallon's eyes widened. "I've seen the bite marks on your neck Mercedes." I nodded.

"So you're not mad?" I asked.

"No. Unless you've been doing it around my grandbaby then I will be." Nonna warned.

"We have not," I said.

"Everyone needs pleasure. It's part of keeping a healthy and happy relationship. Many of our religious beliefs are outdated and especially Roman Catholics are sexist against women. You're still going to church are you not?" Nonna asked.

"Almost every Sunday," I said.

"Every Sunday you go to church, you missed it once because you were helping me with a hangover," Fallon said.

"So Fallon how do you like Alicante so far?" Nonna asked.

"I love it. You never get people dancing or singing in the streets in America and you're cooking is some of the best food I've ever had." Fallon said.

"Wow, thanks babe," I said fake hurt. Nonna smacked me in the head. Fallon was smirking.

"You know I love your cooking," Fallon said. "It's one of the things that made me fall for you." I smiled.

"Are you sure there's nothing I can do to help with breakfast?" Fallon asked Nonna.

"You're a guest so you just sit there." Nonna smiled. Jonah ran in with a smile on his face.

"You're smiling and out of bed before 7. This is new." I teased.

"So are you," Jonah said.

"I'm always up early," I said.

"Maybe in America but here I had to throw you in the pool to wake you up," Jonah smirked. We finished making breakfast and carried it out to the backyard. Fallon's hand rested on the back of my neck while we ate.

"So Fallon will you be joining us at church tomorrow for mass?" Aunt Karen asked.

"You're not expected to come to church. What's the point if you don't believe in it? It's like going to watch Barcelona play when I support Valencia." Abuelo said. I noticed Fallon didn't get the reference.

"He's talking about football which is our soccer," I said.

"Not a football fan are you?" Abuelo asked Fallon.