Thirteen

We ended up changing on the plane

We ended up changing on the plane. We walked into the manor as things were being quite literally thrown at us. Fallon and I shared a look as we walked into the manor.

"Is it too late to get back on the jet?" Fallon asked. I smiled.

"We'll go again soon," I said. We walked into Blake's study and Cristal was talking to Blake.

"Carrington Atlantic's chairman of the board died 48 hours ago," Blake said.

"So did your father," Cristal said.

"Our clients need to know operations won't be interrupted," Blake said.

"I'll handle it. You need to grieve." Cristal said.

"I'm fine. What do you want me to do, cry?" Blake asked.

"If that's what you need, yes. Blake, you don't have to be a soldier now. You can talk to me. Or someone." Cristal said.

"I don't need a therapist. I just need to talk to my pipeline manager in Dubai. If you wanna talk about feelings, go do it somewhere else." Blake said.

"You'd have an easier time trying to get blood out of a rock than Dad to talk about emotions. The only way Mercedes speaks about emotions is when she's had something to drink," Fallon said. "It's what they do and it's how they're built,"

"My daughter is charming," Blake said to me. I nodded.

"Oh yeah," I said. Cristal and I walked out and I headed upstairs. I sat on the phone organising things. Fallon walked in.

"I already wanna go back to Spain," Fallon said. I pulled my shirt off.

"Better?" I asked.

"An improvement," Fallon said pulling me on top of her. Her hands went under my skirt and we started making out as the door knocked. Fallon got up to answer it as I threw my shirt back on. Anders was calling us downstairs for Thomas Carrington's will reading. We walked downstairs and sat down. I sat on the arm of Fallon's chair.

"Per Mr Carrington's last will and testament, his instructions for his funeral are as follows: "He's to be dressed in a plain black suit from Harrow & Sons in London, and placed in a simple oak casket." Anders readout.

"A man of the people till the very end," Fallon said.

"White Miltonia orchids will fill the sanctuary, and the casket will be taken to Oakland Cemetery in a hearse drawn by a team of Belgian black horses accompanied by a brass band." Anders continued.

"Spoke too soon," Fallon said.

"Not like he's here to enjoy it," Blake said.

"Everyone deserves a last hurrah, don't they?" Steven asked.

"Fine. Anders, I trust you can handle the arrangements?" Blake asked.

"Not all of them, I'm afraid," Anders said.