One

I was talking with my father in his office. He wanted me to learn as much as I could about how our family business worked before he stepped down and handed the company to me. Except I didn't want to run the company. I'm only doing it to please my father.

"Mija, I'm having some business partners over tonight. I want you there to talk with them and maybe you can learn a couple of things from them." Dad said.

"Yes, Dad. I'll be there. On my best behaviour as always." I said.

"I don't expect anything less Mija," Dad said.

Timeskip

I walked downstairs ready for the business get together

I walked downstairs ready for the business get together. A couple of my father's business clients were there. I already knew several of them. Daniel Jameson, Max Vankirk, Blake Carrington, Robert Adams, Ryan Mitchell. My eyes fell on a brunette with piercing blue eyes.

"Ahh, Mija. Thank you for joining us." Dad said. "We're just waiting for a few more before we start," Dad said as I was handed a glass of champagne. I walked over to the brunette who was sat on a couch on her own.

"Mind if I sit here?" I asked.

"I'd rather sit next to you than some creep." The brunette said patting the couch next to her.

"Thanks," I said sitting next to her.

"So, what's your name?" The brunette asked me.

"Mercedes Sanchez, what about you?" I asked.

"Fallon Carrington. Blake's daughter and his competition." Fallon said.

"Wow, bold and not afraid to speak the truth. Are you sure you should be here with these losers?" I asked.

"Well someone's gotta be here to show them the future. Besides if I wasn't here you'd be by yourself." Fallon said.

"Alright let's get started," Dad said. "As most of you know I'm stepping back from my position within the company. In my place will be my daughter, Mercedes. I trust that she will do an excellent job and take the company in a more modern direction. We all know I'm not very up to date and forward-thinking with tech." Dad said.

"Yeah, the man has issues turning the tv on," I said. Fallon chuckled.

"Yeah so does my dad," Fallon said.

"And mine can barely turn his phone on," Ryan said.

"Must be that generation," I said.

"Hey, you three. We get it we're not hip and down with the kids." Blake said.

"It's a wonder you don't need a hip replacement Blake. You're getting on now aren't you like 90?" I joked. Fallon laughed.

"Hey, I'll have you know I'm 56 and I think I look great," Blake said.

"Come on now Dad. It's usually college kids that lie about there age not grown men." Fallon said.

"Harold, I still question your judgement on putting a child in your place," Daniel said.

"I may only be 22 Daniel but I've been learning and studying my father and his way of business since I was 7. So I think I'm more than qualified to run the company. Now I also notice that wedding ring on your finger. I've met your wife, a lovely woman. I wonder how she'd react if she found out you a 20-year-old mistress that you bought a condo for in Brookhaven. Now I suggest if you don't want every reporter in Georgia reporting about your sex scandal don't underestimate my ability again." I said.

"Wow this one keeps you on your toes doesn't she?" Max asked my father.

"Mr Vankirk, please stop staring at my breasts," I said.

"I wasn't," Max said.

"I watched you do it," I said. The business meetings ended but Blake stayed behind to discuss business with my father so Fallon and I were left on the couch together.

"I'm curious as to why a supermodel went into business rather than something like modelling?" Fallon said.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You're gorgeous why aren't you a model?" Fallon asked. I could feel myself blushing.

"Thanks. Wanted to please my dad." Fallon smirked watching me get flustered as she pushed a strand of hair out of my face behind my ear. My little brother ran in and dived on me.

"Hey, mister. How was football practice?" I asked.

"Good. I scored 3 touchdowns. Where's Pops?" Seb asked.

"In his study with Blake," I said.

"Why are you bright red and who's your friend?" Seb asked poking my face.

"I'm not bright red maybe your just really pale," I said. Seb ignored me turning to Fallon.

"Hi, Mercedes' friend," Seb said.

"My name's Fallon," Fallon told him.

"Hi, Fallon. I'm Seb. The better-looking sibling." Seb said. Fallon laughed.

"Hey, bud," Dad said walking out of the study with Blake. Seb jumped on Dad. Blake, Dad and Seb were talking in the kitchen. Fallon kept teasing me.

"Aww, do you get flustered easily?" Fallon teased. I rolled my eyes.

"You go from this cocky, confident businesswoman to a bright red mess for a compliment." Fallon teased.

"Your little brother's cute," Fallon said.

"Yeah, he's not so cute at 5 am running around with a sugar rush from a doughnut," I said.

"Well, at least you two get on," Blake said walking in with Dad and Seb.

"Yeah, I don't think we're going to have any problems," Fallon said subtlety winking at me.

"That's great. Mercedes I know you were looking to introduce renewable energy within the company and Fallon's company is renewable energy." Dad said.

"Two powerful young women in business is quite a scary thing," Blake said.

"Scared Blake?" I asked

"You should be," Fallon said.

"I think we should explore a business deal together," I said to Fallon.

"Let's talk more about this on Monday," Fallon said.

"Yes," I said.