Twenty-Four

We'd all been called to the great room waiting for Blake to make some big announcement

"What are we waiting for? Doesn't Dad know we all have things to do?" Fallon asked with her hand on my thigh while I sat on the arm of her chair.

"Yeah, I have a massage in 30," Sam said.

"The first of the Christmas decorations will be here in a few minutes," Anders said.

"It's a little early, isn't it?" I asked.

"Thanksgiving's over," Anders told me.

"What's this even about?" Sam asked.

"Maybe a Welcome Wagon for your new neighbor?" Kirby suggested. Sam looked at her confused."Me,"

"Oh, finally," Fallon said as the door opened expecting it to be Blake instead it was Alexis. "Oh,"

"What's going on here?" Alexis asked.

"Those bags under your eyes are impressive, Alexis. Not getting enough rest out in that tin can of yours?" Kirby asked.

"Kirby, that's enough," Anders said.

"Definitely a welcome addition," Sam told Kirby.

"I really can't stay. I have things to do," Alexis said going to walk off. Blake and Cristal walked in grabbing two glasses of champagne.

"Good, you're all here. I hope you all got champagne. We have news to celebrate. Last night I asked Cristal to marry me. And she said yes," Blake said.

"What? You're engaged?" Fallon asked.

"Is she pregnant?" Kirby asked.

"Oh, my God. What if that's the baby the psychic meant and I just wanted to believe it was for me?" Sam asked.

"I'm not pregnant," Cristal said.

"Thank God for that," Alexis said.

"This is not some shotgun wedding, although... I wouldn't mind a few little feet running around here," Blake said.

"Seb has small feet," Fallon pointed out. Seb nodded.

"What's the rush? I mean, the last one's barely cold," Fallon said.

"There's no rush. I promise, your wedding will be first," Blake said.

"That's not what I meant," Fallon said.

"If there's anything the last year taught me, it's that life is precious. And short. And I'm not gonna waste any of it. It's time for a new chapter around here," Blake said as he and Cristal kissed before leaving. Fallon and I walked upstairs.

"You're oddly quiet this morning," Fallon said sitting beside me.

"I'm okay," I said.

"It shocked you didn't it?" Fallon said.