Nineteen

1 month later

I walked into the bedroom after taking Seb to school to hear the water running. I walked to the bathroom and Fallon was stood in the shower. I decided to join her. We showered together before getting out and wrapping robes around us. I spotted the blue-covered book on the bottom of the bed.

"Ah, so that is what a $50 billion deal memo looks like," I said. Fallon laughed.

"Yep. I got it from legal this morning and I'm hoping is that we can announce the transition at C.A.'s anniversary party," Fallon said.

"And then once the sale is finalized JT Tech will draw the paperwork selling their company to you and we can own this city," I said.

"Have I told you to thank you yet?" Fallon asked.

"You've shown me how thankful you are," I said. "But uh, before I got understandably distracted, I did come up here to tell you that your father is on his way home," I said watching her smile drop.

"Of course. He abandons his family while everything's going to hell, but when it comes to the company, he'll be there. You know, he's the very reason C.A. became so toxic. He raised us to fight each other for it. Mm. I would never want to do that to my kids. Don't worry, I'm not pregnant," Fallon said.

"Did you pass Biology in High school?" I asked with a smirk. Fallon shoved me.

"Mi amor..." I stood up and walked over to Fallon and took her hands in mine. "I'm proud of you. Even if Blake isn't," I said.

"Well, he lost his opinion when he left me to pick up the pieces for a month. As if he was the only one who lost Cristal," Fallon said.

Timeskip

Fallon and I were walking around talking with Steven in the foyer as the door opened and in came Alexis in a wheelchair

"Oh. Children, it feels so great to be home. Oh, whoops, I've got it. Don't worry," Alexis said after struggling to control her wheelchair. 

"Do you need a wheelchair after a facelift? I mean, I'm just assuming that's why you were in the hospital so long," Fallon said causing Steven and I to smile.

"No, Fallon. They finally released me and I have no place to stay. And considering my home burnt down, and the suspect is still at large, surely you wouldn't kick your own mother to the curb," Alexis said.

"You're right. Dad's on his way from the airport. He'll do it then," Fallon said. 

"I'm glad you're here. I'm glad we're all here," Steven said. Alexis drove her wheelchair straight at us causing us to move out of the way revealing Cristal's ashes.

"Oh. Who's been redecorating?" Alexis asked.

"That's Cristal," Fallon said.

"Well, it's not Waterford," Alexis said.