Eighteen

I walked out of the elevator at CA and saw Fallon talking to Culhane in her office

I walked out of the elevator at CA and saw Fallon talking to Culhane in her office. I walked to the board room.

"Mercedes are you sure you can keep your feelings separate when dealing with board meetings?" One of the board directors asked.

"I assure you that I can keep myself professional and will not let my relationship with Miss Carrington cloud my judgment," I said sitting down.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. No one told me there was a meeting," Blake said walking in and sitting down.

"It was a bit of an emergency," Fallon said walking in.

"Anyone care to tell me what this is about?" Blake asked as both Carringtons sat at the heads of the table.

"The executive members are here to discuss the future of Carrington Atlantic's CEO," The spokesperson Dean said.

"Or lack thereof. Firing an employee for being a so-called whistle-blower, mishandling the Clarke County crisis and then trying to cover it up by buying off the victims," Fallon listed off.

"But that was your--" Blake started.

"Regardless, time's up, Daddy," Fallon said.

"This is absurd. I'm Chairman of the Board, and you're listening to a child who's been COO for a week," Blake said.

"Board will decide what's in the best interests of the shareholders. Fallon," Dean said.

"Many family companies are lost in three generations: moneymaker, caretaker, undertaker. As the fourth generation, I refuse to stand by and watch my father bury my legacy. Carrington Atlantic is not just a family business, it is a dynasty," Fallon said. The meeting carried on.

"The board of Carrington Atlantic has concluded it's in the best interests of this company to shift attention to a more forward-thinking narrative," Dean announced.

"You can't be serious," Blake said.

"Blake, you can continue as Chairman of the Board until a replacement is named. Fallon, congratulations. You're the first female CEO in company history," Dean said.

"Thought I heard the sound of glass breaking," Fallon said with a smile. Blake grabbed her chair and spun her around.

"How could you do this? After everything I've done for you," Blake said to Fallon.

"Doing what's best for the family. Isn't that what you always say? Your father left controlling interest to me and Steven because your days were numbered. Grandpa always did know best," Fallon said standing face to face with Blake.

"Oh, that's debatable," Jeff said walking in with Monica.

"What are you doing here?" Blake asked.

"Settling your debt," Jeff said.

"Still on the juice, Jeff?" Fallon asked as her arm snaked around my waist. "Hard to tell when you're not staggering like a toddler,"