The Beginning ~ Y1

I remember. I remember so well. I was almost 4 years old. That night it had happened was an ordinary night. My father had been playing with me in the lounge. He was tossing me into the pillows on the couch. He was using his magic to throw the pillows at me. I was happy. We were happy.

I didn't understand what was happening. My father grabbed me and pushed me to stand behind him. Greenlight filled the room and he fell. He died at my feet. Looking up at the man, I screamed. My mother was also screaming from up the stairs. I ran up to her. She was holding a baby in her arms. My brother. She begged the man to spare us. Tears fell from her eyes. The tall, dark man laughed. The same green light filled the room a second time and my mother fell to the floor. I grabbed my brother and held him close. I looked up at the man. He pointed his wand at me and spoke a strange word. For the third time, the green light illuminated the room. I remember the pain I felt that night. A sharp pain soared through my body and left me unconscious. Just before I fell, I remember the dark man disappearing.

~

7 years later

I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I turned over to look at my click sitting on my dresser. 7:45 it read. I sat up and slowly made my way downstairs. I was greeted in the kitchen by my parents. Not my real parents. Ton and Susan are the kind people to take me in after my parent's death.

I was always told that my parents died in a car crash. I have gone to a therapist as a child when I started to explain that wasn't how they were killed. No one believed me. I remember that night so well. I also believe that my brother is also dead. Harry was his name. If he had survived, he would be with me.

Anyways, I entered the kitchen. It was a gorgeous July morning. I am 10 years old. My hair is dirty blonde and I have large green eyes. I sat down and started shoveling down my eggs and bacon. I looked up and noticed that Tom and Susan kept sneaking glances at each other when they thought I wasn't looking. Tom kept checking his watch and Susan kept looking out the window. I clear my throat.

"Any plans for today?" I ask innocently.

"Yes as a matter of fact. Jordan, we are going to have a visitor today. Two actually. They are coming to talk to you about something important. " Tom says looking at me.

"Not another therapist, please. I swear I won't talk about it anymore," I beg.

"Actually dear, it's not about that. Its, it's about something else," Susan explains.

"Oh, ok."

I walk back to my room and make my bed, brush my teeth and get dressed. As I finish I hear a small gentle knock on my door. I open it and a tall man with purple ropes is standing in front of me. He has long grey hair and wears golden spectacles. The man next to him has greasy black hair and wears long black robes.

"Umm, hello," I say nervously.

"Miss. Potter. Nice to see you again. May we come in?"

I nod and the two men walk into my room. They sit down and observe me.

"How can I help you?"

" Ahh silly us. I'm Professor Albus Dumbledore and this Is Professor Severus Snape. We have come to talk to you today about something very important," The man says.

I nod and sit down on my ready, bracing myself for anything.

"Before I begin Miss Potter, I need you to understand that we are here to help you and mean no harm," Snape says.

I again, nod my head and they nod to each other.

"Jordan, do you remember how your parents died?" Dumbledore asks calmy.