Ron's Howler ~ Y4

Me and the Weasleys arrive at Kingscross station on September the 1st, all of us rushing to get to the platform on time.

"Hurry kids or you'll miss the train," Mr. Weasleys barks as he helps Ginny push her trolley.

"If Ron hadn't spent so much time looking for Scabbers this morning...." Fred yells to Ron.

"Oi, it wasn't my fault," Ron protests.

"Boys please just hurry," Molly shouts. We reach the wall between Platform 9 and 10. I watch as Ginny runs through the wall with her parents trailing after her.

"Ladies first," George says while bowing dramatically. I grin and roll my eyes as I push my cart straight through the wall. The Hogwarts express comes into view. The twins appear behind me and we rush through the crowd of parents to get on the train.

With our luggage stored, we board the train just as it starts to leave the station.

"Come on, let's find a compartment," I say, leading them though the car. Eventually we find an empty compartment and we settle in. I watch the scenery pass by as we leave London.

Minutes later we are joined by Cedric. We catch up and talk about our summer. I explain the encounter with Dobby to them and they laugh but then stop when they realize I'm serious.

"Oh, well won't Dumbledore be more careful this time than he was last year, I mean nothing bad will happen right?" Cedric asks me, concerned.

"I don't know," I shrug.

''''''
Finally, we arrive at Hogwarts. We step out onto the platform and make our way towards one of the carriages. I'm about to step in after the twins when I hear my name being called. I turn to find an extremely worried Hermione.

"Hermione what's wrong?"

"I can't find Ron or Harry, I searched the train," she explains to me.

I'm sure they're here somewhere, here, come sit with us." I hold open the carriage door for her and she steps in and I follow closely behind her.

We make it into the Great Hall and I slowly start to become worried. I lean over to Percy and ask if he's seen Harry or Ron, he just shakes his head.

Dumbledore stands up and starts to introduce our new DADA teacher, which to everyone's dismay, is Gilderoy Lockheart. I groan and slowly clap for him as he stands up and bows and starts waving at the girls cheering the loudest for him.

Minutes later, McGonagall enters the hall with a bunch of 1st years trailing nervously after her. I tune out the sorting until they get to Ginny.

"Mmm, another Weasley. Strong hearted, yes, clever, yes.... Gryffindor!" The hat yells. Me and the Weasleys cheer for her as she skips over to me and sits down. I give her a side hug and she lets out a deep breath she was probably holding in.

The sorting has ended and the tables are filled with food. We dig in and stuff ourselves while catching up with our other classmates.

About 10 minutes into the feast, Harry and Ron walk in the hall accompanied by McGonagall. They sit down and Ron immediately stuffs himself with the food.

"Where were you?" I ask Harry sternly. Harry shakes his head at me to tell me not now. I frown and continue my conversation with Katie Bell.

''''
After the feast Dumbdore dismisses us, I pull Harry and Ron to side and cross my arms.

"Now, why were you guys late? Where were you?" Harry sighs and explains their story.

The barrier had closed, they missed the train, stole the Ford Anglea, flew it over London, found the train, followed it to Hogwarts, got attacked by a tree, Ron broke his wand, the car drove into the forest, caught by Filtch, taken to Snape and then saved by Dumbledore and McGonagall and given detention.