Second Year ~ Y2

September 

I woke up on my first morning back at Hogwarts. Excited, I sprung out of bed and got dressed. I put on my black skirt, socks, shoes,  and white button-down. My hair was slightly curled from the night before so I put it into a ponytail. I put on the charm bracelet that Katie had given me for my birthday. I grab my bag and race down the stairs and out of the common room.

I sit next to Katie in the great hall and we eat breakfast. McGonagall comes around and hands us our new schedule. I examine it. My first class is Charms with the Slytherins, next is Transfiguration with Hufflepuffs, DADA with Slytherins, History of Magic with Ravenclaws, lunch, potions with Slytherins, Care of Magical Creatures with Ravenclaws, Herbology with Hufflepuffs, and Astronomy with Hufflepuffs.

I eat my breakfast and head to charms. I meet Fred and George there since they slept in.

The whole day is mostly us reviewing things we learned last year and practicing spells. I am especially excited about potions since I will get to see Severus.

I enter potions and sit down. Fred nudges me and I turn to him. He gestures his head and I look behind me to receive a death glare from Marcus Flint. I smile as I remember what happened last time we were all in the class.

" Flint you're back!" I say with a grin. He looks confused.

"What do you mean? Of course, I'm back." he spat at me. I smile and I can hear the boys behind me smile.

"Well last time we saw each other, I could have sworn you were petrified on this very floor. I wasn't sure you would ever recover from that," the kids in the room laugh. Fred and George were the loudest. Flint glares at me and pulls out his wand. I pull my wand out quicker and raise it.

Flint screams and falls off his stool and runs around the table and ducks. I laugh hysterically along with the other kids. I put the wand away.

"Were you actually going to hex him?" Fred asks.

"No, I just wanted to see if our last encounter still has him scared," I say.

Flint, embarrassed, gets back on his stool as Professor Snape enters the classroom. We all fall silent and listen as he begins to instruct the class. The class goes on eventually, it's over.

"I'll meet you two in a minute," I say to the twins. They nod and follow the class out. I walk over to Severus.

"Jordan," he says. I smile and he pulls me into a small and kind hug. I'm about to say something when he hands me a small note. I look at it and open my mouth but his next class begins walking in. I shove it into my bag and leave the room.

As I head outside, I open the note Severus gave me. A small picture falls out and I look at it. A small tear forms in my eyes as I look at a picture of my mother, no older than 16 smiling and waving at me. She's beautiful. I tuck it inside my potions book.

~

The first few weeks back mostly consisted of getting our schedule together. One morning I woke up, it's been almost 2 weeks since the term started, and I was bombarded with an eager Fred and George waiting for me.

"Jordan did you see it?"

"Jordan we finally get a chance."

"Jordan-"

"Give me a minute to catch my breath boys," I say. "What's going on?" I ask. They smile and drag me over to a wall in the common room where important news is always posted. I scan the wall looking for anything that might excite the boys. My eyes land on a piece of parchment. I read it and begin jumping up and down.